NEW MGL50 Demo Vintage Dirty vs Higher Gain Dirty

• Thread starter Thread starter MGL AmpWorks
  • Start date Start date
MGL AmpWorks
MGL AmpWorks
Here's a demo Jimmy Burkard just finished. A good comparison of the 2 dirty channel voicings we offer. Vintage Dirty for a classic non-master Plexi - early metal panel amp cranked up type of tone. And the higher gain Dirty.

Here's a demo Jimmy Burkard just finished. A good comparison of the 2 dirty channel voicings we offer. Vintage Dirty for a classic non-master Plexi - early metal panel amp cranked up type of tone. And the higher gain Dirty.

Can you post your settings for each channel? Was that max gain on both?

Last edited:
Can you post your settings for each channel? Was that max gain on both?
Sure! Tone controls all around 4 and nothing was changed when switching between the 2 channels. Vintage Dirty channel gain around 4 1/2, high gain Dirty gain on 6. Both masters around 4. So nothing set real high and plenty more on tap.

Sure! Tone controls all around 4 and nothing was changed when switching between the 2 channels. Vintage Dirty channel gain around 4 1/2, high gain Dirty gain on 6. Both masters around 4. So nothing set real high and plenty more on tap.
Does the gain start to mush out above 6-7 like a Marshall?

Does the gain start to mush out above 6-7 like a Marshall?
I don't know how loud Jim is playing, but i keep mine around 4 most of the time when the thing is loud. But one thing i can say is unlike a marshall, i have dimed my master and it stays tight and beautiful.

Back