NGD…..let the haters hate!……UPDATE

• Thread starter Thread starter EyesOfTheSouth!
  • Start date Start date
E
EyesOfTheSouth!
IMG_0166.jpeg

Update…..finally got to put it through the paces. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. Plays flawlessly and the 80’s pickups are great. First stock pups I’ve never thought about swapping. They remind me of more focused and slightly thicker/warmer Duncan Distortions. Much better than the 70’s pickups in my V which were basically JB clones IMO. BTW, that V is hitting marketplace tonight…..lol

Last edited:
Wow, a Gibson superstrat? What is this even? Looks interrsting!

Happy NGD! Tell me about it!

Ive been curious about those. I think they look cool and I love that it's around the 7 lb mark. Curious about the pickups though as they just call them zebra coil 80s tribute. Are they Super Distortion based or is there something Gibson was using in the 80s that these are based on?

Ive been curious about those. I think they look cool and I love that it's around the 7 lb mark. Curious about the pickups though as they just call them zebra coil 80s tribute. Are they Super Distortion based or is there something Gibson was using in the 80s that these are based on?

I have the 70’s Tributes in a V and they are pretty good but I swapped them for original T-Tops. These 80’s are supposed to be closer to old Dirty Fingers. I won’t be able to put the guitar to the test until Friday. I’ll report back.

My uncle has an old victory, I loved playing that thing. I miss the old headstock, but these still look great, almost like a U2 mish-mash. Nice axe!

Congrats! Cool axe.

I think I saw one of these at Dave's in LaCrosse. Never saw one prior.

Congrats! I think they look cool actually and haven’t heard any hate. Wouldn’t mind trying one myself. All the specs at least are there on paper for a good sound: mahogany body and neck, nitro finish it says, I like the 25.5” scale/set neck combo, ebony board can be nice and if these pickups sound even 75% as good as vintage Dirty Fingers they should be great

I bet it at least would sound better than the poly drenched guitars guys on here love for reasons all non-sound related 😂 like Suhr, Anderson (sterile city with those 2), ESP, Mayones, PRS, Aristides, etc.

Those guitars get hate....I don't really hate them, I just don't care for the pickguard. Cool looking guitar though, HNGD!

Reactions: rsm
Nice guitar! Love the headstock, and the Gibson name on it makes you automatically think "WTF?!!!"

It lok nice with good style.

Don't hear haters.

It flow very well like mazda body line.

WHY???!!!

(all that counts is that you dig it...Congrats brother)

I like it 🤷

If it was 24.75 scale I'd really like it, but lots of people are gonna prefer the strat scale

Back