OK...What Amps Do You NEVER Regret Selling?

• Thread starter Thread starter angelspade
  • Start date Start date
Derek was a cool guy. He loved those Engls. We used to talk on the phone a lot, but lost contact. Wonder what he is up to?

Not 100% sure. I think I was on Facebook several years ago and he owned or managed a vape shop.

Derek was a cool guy. He loved those Engls. We used to talk on the phone a lot, but lost contact. Wonder what he is up to?

I still have my Rock Solid Amps t-shirt 🥳

Only thing I ever bought from him was an ENGL e530 (which was badass)

Vht pitbull 50st. Dry as toast. Should have been called the shit zu 50st. I will probably never buy a vht product ever because of that. I can’t do that super dry gain. I like my amp distortion like my women….wet, hairy and saggy…

I acquired an ENGL Powerball through Derek way back when. He was great to deal with, but I couldn't sell that amp fast enough.

Line 6 Spider II, because of obvious reasons. Had it for not even 24 hours and after a disappointing band practice I returned it to GC. But then again this was around 2006 when I was starting out with the band thing.

I think every other amp I've sold I have regret selling.

MLC amps and Diezel VHX there is something about the highs in both those amps that i really dislike.

Do you guys know the phrase:
"try before you buy"
:p:ROFLMAO:
(Yeah i know, most of the stuff i don't like about an amp, will annoy me only after months, if not years)

I have never bought a amp without actually playing on the same model except twice. The Fryette Sig X and Mesa Mark IV. Only because I paid for them before they were released to the public.

Most of my amp flipping was twenty years ago. I was buying a amp every 2 or 3 weeks for a few years.

I never used the internet to decide what amp I want. Only from actually playing amps.

Mine is somewhere too, lol.

I bought an ENGL Fireball from him. He tried to talk me into getting a Blackmore but like an idiot, I didn't listen. I wish I would have got that amp.

The funny this is I bought from him while he was getting a haircut. We were literally doing the credit card transaction while someone was cutting his hair, lol.

Framus Cobra

Egnator Armageddon

Randall Satan 120

5150ii

6534+

XxX

Ultra+

Don't think I ever regretted any of those sells.

Helios Eclipse
Goldfinger 90
Both Mesa lonestars
Gower KK+
SLO
Both PT100s
2c+, when it goes
Shiva el34, when it goes
Boogie mk3 and 4
all /13s
a Morgan, can't remember which
Corso
Badger 30
Shiva 20th kt88
1959HW
Triple rec revG
recto multiwatt
XTC 101b if it goes
2555x
CAE 3+ SE/ 2:90 simul racks
JMP 1992
JMP1 rack
OD100 SE+
BE50dlx

I regret selling my OD100Cl+, Mezzabarbas, Tremoverb, JMP 2203

Doesn't mean any of these were bad or unbearable, on the contrary.

But I've come to the realisation that 1 amp with enough range on the gain and low end response coupled with a few different cabs/IRs and mics can give me most of what I'll ever need.
also, first time I've counted.. I've owned 36 amps in the last 5 years and lost money on most of them selling.. don't feel very smart now..

Helios Eclipse
Goldfinger 90
Both Mesa lonestars
Gower KK+
SLO
Both PT100s
2c+, when it goes
Shiva el34, when it goes
Boogie mk3 and 4
all /13s
a Morgan, can't remember which
Corso
Badger 30
Shiva 20th kt88
1959HW
Triple rec revG
recto multiwatt
XTC 101b if it goes
2555x
CAE 3+ SE/ 2:90 simul racks
JMP 1992
JMP1 rack
OD100 SE+
BE50dlx

I regret selling my OD100Cl+, Mezzabarbas, Tremoverb, JMP 2203

Doesn't mean any of these were bad or unbearable, on the contrary.

But I've come to the realisation that 1 amp with enough range on the gain and low end response coupled with a few different cabs/IRs and mics can give me most of what I'll ever need.
also, first time I've counted.. I've owned 36 amps in the last 5 years and lost money on most of them selling.. don't feel very smart now..

I had 2 tremoverbs....

Can't remember them doing anything special over the 3 chanel triple when dialed in.

But probably had the "cool" factor more than anything. Which plays a part of the placebo effect for sure.

Back