Old gear that still sounds good and that you still use ....

• Thread starter Thread starter Diary of a Axeman
  • Start date Start date
Diary of a Axeman
Diary of a Axeman
Banned
Here's some ....

20220616_180716.jpg

I fixed it, put in a new fuse and on / off switch .

20220903_220011.jpg

Ancient, but still delivers the goods on stage.

20230205_164743.jpg

Made some great Copies of my Carvin, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Fender, Peavey, VHT and a Vox amp that a friend let me borrow to get that amps sound to .
The Digitech 2112 SGS has two 12ax7 tubes, then goes into two VHT Valvulator 1's, that each has a 12ax7 tube before going into some two Crate Power Blocks.

20230205_170718.jpg

Post up some of old relevant gear

HoLy sMoKes, OP !

Is that a Digitech RP-1 ?
I miss my Crate Powerblock, super cool little amp
@ PLX Yup, it's an RP-1 . Not bad sounding .

@ japetus I use with a little overdrive, I just pull back on the volume knob and it 100 % clean.
The price of the Crate Power Blocks have sky rocketed, word is out , that little amp was a " Sleeper Classic " amp .
I got my two CPB's, the first one cost $ 119.00 and the second one was $ 125.00 .
Today, most people are selling them for over $ 185.00 to $ 225.00 .
People are barely discovering just how good they are and that they were way ahead of its time .

A few weeks back, a few guitarists in the crowd, thought I was using more modern gear and the were blow away that it was old Digitech gear . They expected A Helix or a Eleven Rack ( which I own ) .

Last edited:
Easier to mention the newest things I own...as most are old.

Oldest? A pair of 1963 Alnico Blue 8 ohm speakers, followed by a pair of 1966 H25s. Amp, 1972 Supertremolo. Guitar-1980 Greco LP.
Newest is a 2022 Naylor SD60.

@ PLX Yup, it's an RP-1 . Not bad sounding .

@ japetus I use with a little overdrive, I just pull back on the volume knob and it 100 % clean.
The price of the Crate Power Blocks have sky rocketed, word is out , that little amp was a " Sleeper Classic " amp .
I got my two CPB's, the first one cost $ 119.00 and the second one was $ 125.00 .
Today, most people are selling them for over $ 185.00 to $ 225.00 .
People are barely discovering just how good they are and that they were way ahead of its time .

A few weeks back, a few guitarists in the crowd, thought I was using more modern gear and the were blow away that it was old Digitech gear . They expected A Helix or a Eleven Rack ( which I own ) .
My 'mini' rack I used for 17 years was an ADA MP1, Digitech GSP21, and a Mosvalve power amp. I brought this into a GC long ago, to compare it to an AXE FX (not sure which model, it was an early one) and the Digitech sounded better to me. In fact, the ADA hardly got used as the rhythm channel I programmed way back in 92 sounded better.
They can sound killer.

Back