Old People: How did you feel about the JCM800 at the time of its release?

• Thread starter Thread starter SonVolt
  • Start date Start date
Not into the dad rock.
s-l1200.jpg

what da Fuck u think a Collusiem is LOL.

Last edited:
bye bye little boogie boi im sure you wont fit in well here.
BTW name me a new band the last 35+ years that uses Mesa Collisiems ?

bye bye little boogie boi im sure you wont fit in well here.
BTW name me a new band the last 35+ years that uses Mesa Collisiems ?
I'm sure there are some, but those old Mesa amps all need some fixing up by this point. Probably not the best thing to take on the road. They are very complicated amps.

I'm sure there are some, but those old Mesa amps all need some fixing up by this point. Probably not the best thing to take on the road. They are very complicated amps.

20230422_200150_1024x1024@2x.jpg

This aint yer Mama's triple Rec and with todays crappy tubes good luck.
My biggest beef with old Boogies is no 16 ohm tap. Ive used a loadbox but another link in the chain of 500 volts that could get blown to
- smitherines.

...and this?

the spandex years...

11 Ridiculously Rad Guitar Ads From The '80s'80s

I saw racer X at a dive bar in Fresno in circa 88?? We were into thrash at the time so although we knew they were insanely good we were sooo anti glam we called them posers and stuff. Side story the singer of Racer x who was not very good (Jeff ? later was the drummer for Badlands toward the end) currently is a friend of a rock climber friend and they work construction together in the Reno/Tahoe area

Reactions: rsm
I saw racer X at a dive bar in Fresno in circa 88?? We were into thrash at the time so although we knew they were insanely good we were sooo anti glam we called them posers and stuff. Side story the singer of Racer x who was not very good (Jeff ? later was the drummer for Badlands toward the end) currently is a friend of a rock climber friend and they work construction together in the Reno/Tahoe area
Jeff Martin. Good singer, drummer....lots o talented dudes back in those days. RacerX wasn't exactly glam tho lol. Closest thing to metal without being a chug chug no midz machine.

Back