Omega Granophyre, anyone?

• Thread starter Thread starter killertone
  • Start date Start date
Sounds great Jason...kickass! You're fuckin playing cops some of the most rockin thrash tones ever dude, makes me realize how much work I have ahead of me.

Always dig your content dude! However, for me, I was quite a bit disappointed with it when I had it. To me, it was nothing special at all. My Dover DA50 I had at the time, EVH Stealth and Uberschall smoked it up. Not a bad amp but you can find much better for much less price wise.

I had the Dover and Granophyre at the same time. Both were cool amps, but I preferred the omega. It’s definitely enjoying a lot of internet hype, much moreso than the Dover. It’s tough to live up to the hype. I get what you are saying though…It’s just an amp like any other and people have differing tastes and preferences. My Granophyre had KT66s. It was tight, clear and had a good upper mid grind which I liked. For me though, it couldn’t compete with my Wizard MTL and UL for what I like. I eventually sold both the Dover and Omega.

I had the Dover and Granophyre at the same time. Both were cool amps, but I preferred the omega. It’s definitely enjoying a lot of internet hype, much moreso than the Dover. It’s tough to live up to the hype. I get what you are saying though…It’s just an amp like any other and people have differing tastes and preferences. My Granophyre had KT66s. It was tight, clear and had a good upper mid grind which I liked. For me though, it couldn’t compete with my Wizard MTL and UL for what I like. I eventually sold both the Dover and Omega.
Oh yeah, I totally agree the UL is also much better than the Omega, just alone in the versatility aspect. I also feel like the UL reacts to different boosts in different ways as well. I mean, all amps do but nothing like the UL does. Its very strange but I love that about the amp.

I want one of them in the future. They have a really nice grain on the gain.

At the moment I’m only enjoying the Neural simulation. Hope can snag one soon.

These are handwired, anyone know if it's a P2P turret board, or a pcb?

These are handwired, anyone know if it's a P2P turret board, or a pcb?

If they were built on turrets they would definitely be showing it in their marketing materials. More likely that these are built like an Engl or a Diezel with a bunch of PCBs. Especially the flagship amp, which they may not actually build anymore, because it has MIDI options.

Scrolled through their posts and they have a few tiny peeks of their work. Looks like possibly hybrid turret PCBs which is the way to go nowadays.

Sick! Any insight into why they don't show any of your craftsmanship in their social media? Seems like its rare for a company to build gear on turrets nowadays without making a point of showing the wiring of the amps.

Sick! Any insight into why they don't show any of your craftsmanship in their social media? Seems like its rare for a company to build gear on turrets nowadays without making a point of showing the wiring of the amps.
My guess is to probably protect the circuit from people trying to reverse it.

My guess is to probably protect the circuit from people trying to reverse it.

Eh... Anyone serious about copying a design is just going to buy or borrow the amp to trace rather than stake a bunch of parts and labor on guesses made from a photograph. And anyone with the skill to make meaningful design choices based on a photograph of another amp will have the necessary skills to design something similar on their own anyway. Its easy to thwart that kinda thing anyway. Just post in black and white.

It just seems curious to me to build that way and not make a point of showing it off.

Fired up my Granophyre today for the first time in a couple weeks and man, it just sounds great! Doesn't need a boost but I love the Dirty Tree or Fortin Blade with it. Just a killer amp!

Hey man. Can you tell me what this revision 1.5 update will do to my amp? I have the original circuit right now
I had my Granophyre modded by the fellas at Omega and I like it even more than before. A tad bit tighter and much mire responsive.

I had my Granophyre modded by the fellas at Omega and I like it even more than before. A tad bit tighter and much mire responsive.
Right on. I've been playing my Omega alot lately. I don't believe I need to get it updated then. It is perfect the way it is in my book. Then again, I play more groove metal and metal core styles than anything.

Back