One of Lynch's 67 Plexi on the bay!

:|::QBB:
Lespaul1981":9bdb4 said:
if you find it on ebay - it says it's his head - but its not on the direct listing for whatever reason
That leads me to believe the seller is just using his name to sell it, not that it was actually his, but I could be wrong.

I am not sure either. But the subtitle says it was his. And in the listing he says he is selling it for the celebrity guitarist? True or not, I am not sure....but indeed there is a Mr. Scary guitar in the background of the pics as well....which is a cool.....I guess we could ask him a few questions to find out? :)

one listing says valencia, ca and another from the same sellers says texas... maybe it's his tech gerry selling the gear.

Not only is the Mr. Scary there but also a pic of the Skulls and Snakes.

Valencia is less than hour north of L.A. but I'm not sure where his tech lives if that is who is selling it.

Didn't George buy a whole lot of 100 watt Tremolo models when he got Caswell to do some mods for him? Because the 100 watt Trem model was definitely the platform for the #39 amp.

I read something about Caswell being able to use the 1/2 of the preamp tube that was normally used for the Trem effect, for a whole new gain stage. This would have resulted in a somewhat "non-invasive" mod, wouldn't it?

I was just sitting here wondering why George would have a Trem model to begin with. Then I thought of the Caswell connection. Not sure if we would be able to tell from looking at the way it is wired up, but if it was not already modded, it was probably purchased with the intention of having Caswell mod it. Just my theory atleast.

Digital Jams":a8dea said:
It is not the purple Aspen SLP so I dont care.
+1 It shouldn't be worth anymore than any other 67 Plexi...which is still a lot.

If that was Lynch's, he got rid of it...that says something there maybe ;)

The Big Snit":e3c72 said:
:|::QBB:+1 It shouldn't be worth anymore than any other 67 Plexi...which is still a lot.

If that was Lynch's, he got rid of it...that says something there maybe ;)

Yup, how good can it be :confused:

When I think Lynch tone it is WS and that Aspen SLP :thumbsup:

OUTLAW1969":b4f1d said:
Didn't George buy a whole lot of 100 watt Tremolo models when he got Caswell to do some mods for him? Because the 100 watt Trem model was definitely the platform for the #39 amp.

I read something about Caswell being able to use the 1/2 of the preamp tube that was normally used for the Trem effect, for a whole new gain stage. This would have resulted in a somewhat "non-invasive" mod, wouldn't it?

I was just sitting here wondering why George would have a Trem model to begin with. Then I thought of the Caswell connection. Not sure if we would be able to tell from looking at the way it is wired up, but if it was not already modded, it was probably purchased with the intention of having Caswell mod it. Just my theory atleast.

Tremolo Plexi are the exact same circuit as a Super Lead, but with a Tremolo, there's NO difference whatsoever. All you have to do is disable the trem and it's completely out of the circuit and is 100% Super lead.. That amp has no preamp tube in it, so it's most likely what has been done with it, and not modded to be used.

As far as modding it to use the Tremolo tube for more gain, that's something people have been doing with Super Trems for about 35-40 years now. No secret there.

There's a thread over on HRI about it. Dave Friedman confirmed the info about the amp, it's one that he worked on.

Back