OT: Just Got Denied for Health Insurance...

• Thread starter Thread starter StevieRaveOn
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":ed9cd said:
I had the same problem recently. I stopped breathing (complication from my surgery) and had to go to the ER, and I waited for like 2 and a half hours, gasping for air to get some help! Fucking bullshit!

I would have sued the hospital for that shit...

>|<>QBB<
Variable":f5e5d said:
Canada's system may have its own problems, but it looks a helluva lot better than ours right now.

:D

What planet do you live on? :lol:

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":fd21a said:
>|<>QBB<

What planet do you live on? :lol:

Canada's taxing system sure is better though...

Shit we get taxed 50% of our income on way or another.

They have what, a 15% tax on all goods, and no income tax?

And pot is legal - lol.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":f9005 said:
>|<>QBB<

Canada's taxing system sure is better though...

Shit we get taxed 50% of our income on way or another.

They have what, a 15% tax on all goods, and no income tax?

And pot is legal - lol.

So... I went to Toronto in October... I have to say is... "Oh, Canada"!!!!

I guess it's 50% if you're in the 7 figure bracket :o.
It's 20% way down here in this other one.

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":8489f said:

I'm 25 and just out of college... No where NEAR the top... 20-25% is where I'm sitting as far as income bracket...

I saw the best shirt over New Years with my friend's family... his little brother had it on... It was a red tee with a big white maple leaf on it and it said "Legalize It!" underneath. I thought it was awesome.

Yay.... Beer, it's a great thing.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":39d84 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm 25 and just out of college... No where NEAR the top... 20-25% is where I'm sitting as far as income bracket...

I saw the best shirt over New Years with my friend's family... his little brother had it on... It was a red tee with a big white maple leaf on it and it said "Legalize It!" underneath. I thought it was awesome.

Yay.... Beer, it's a great thing.

Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy :D

The population lives longer but they older people are sicker as well meaning when they show up at the ER, they have to be admitted. These people take cocktails of drugs to fight one condition and bunch of other to fight the side effect of the first drug. Since they have no beds, they discharge people to treat them "at home". These patient are fragile and come back often at the ER and the cycle starts all over again.

We are heading toward a two tier system in a hurry where people with money will get better care. You have to stay out of the ER unless you are *really* dying. For smaller things, we have clinics here to take care of the other stuff such flu and colds and it will take less time than the ER.

This is how it was explained to me by my sister who's a nurse.

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":09211 said:

In Canada, you get taxed at 50% when the government consider you, and I quote, "filthy rich".

Oh, "filthy rich" means an income of 50k/year.
:(

>|<>QBB<
tweed":4a87c said:
>|<>QBB<

Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy :D

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin... I'm a fairly adamant believer and I agree with it. There's a local bar that hands out a shirt with that on it and I'm working towards it currently. :D

>|<>QBB<
philb":3b882 said:
The

We are heading toward a two tier system in a hurry where people with money will get better care. You have to stay out of the ER unless you are *really* dying. For smaller things, we have clinics here to take care of the other stuff such flu and colds and it will take less time than the ER.

That's pretty much how it is in the U.S. too, though for different reasons. The ERs here are overloaded because most states have laws saying hospitals can't refuse ER treatment. It's for a good reason; lack of insurance shouldn't keep a dying man from getting help. But, it's abused by people who know that the ER isn't going to care if they have insurance or not.

It seems "retirement communities" are the way the U.S. has come up with to avoid the above problem with the elderly in Canada. At great expense, of course :)

Honestly, I think prevention is the best way of approaching the health-care issue. Too many people are getting lazy and neglecting themselves, and little problems mutate (literally, in some cases) into big ones. I know I need to get off my ass and take better care of myself, but I'm still 25 and have some of that fleeting invincibility left from my teenage days :D

>|<>QBB<
Variable":f26b1 said:
Sorry to hear that man. I think the U.S. healthcare system is broken beyond repair. It's ironic that our "free-market" system means we pay three times as much as even the suckiest socialized country, and with 48 million un-insured Americans after the fact. Canada's system may have its own problems, but it looks a helluva lot better than ours right now.

Luckily, it seems Illinois and Massachusets are at least trying to do something about it. Maybe they'll spark something in the rest of this back-asswards country :D

That said, if you want the best healthcare in the U.S., go become a teacher. When I was under my mom's W.E.A. insurance, that shit ROCKED. $100 deductible for the year, free prescription drugs.

:D

My theory on the USA's aversion to social health care is as follows:
McCarthy.
Communism!
Ah! Run!
"Our poor may be poorer than those in any other industrialised nation, but it's their own damned fault!"
and finally...
"Social medicine? Isn't that, like, communism?"

>|<>QBB<
philb":203d3 said:
>|<>QBB<

In Canada, you get taxed at 50% when the government consider you, and I quote, "filthy rich".

Oh, "filthy rich" means an income of 50k/year.
:(

Calculate the what part of that 50% you get back through government problems. It's hard to get anything more precise than a rough estimate, but it's probably a whole lot of money.
aside from the pretty standard government stuff, there's....
Health Care
post-secondary education (HEAVILY subsidied, even though i think we could do better by fiddling with some numbers)

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":ee2ea said:
>|<>QBB<

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin... I'm a fairly adamant believer and I agree with it. There's a local bar that hands out a shirt with that on it and I'm working towards it currently. :D

Preach on brotha :rawk:

>|<>QBB<
guitar_played":8a8af said:
>|<>QBB<

Calculate the what part of that 50% you get back through government problems. It's hard to get anything more precise than a rough estimate, but it's probably a whole lot of money.
aside from the pretty standard government stuff, there's....
Health Care
post-secondary education (HEAVILY subsidied, even though i think we could do better by fiddling with some numbers)

I know I get some of it back through various programs and my kids certainly takes advantage of that. I just wish the government would become more efficient... Wishful thinking I know.... :(

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":364dd said:
>|<>QBB<

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin...

24 beers in a crate, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I don't think so! :D

Back