OT Removed from "New Posts" - Well Done!

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey Man
  • Start date Start date
stephen sawall":1lvialgq said:
What's the difference between " view new post" and "view active topics" ???
I'm curious about this too, Stephen.

I figured VNP would take you directly to the first post in a thread that you haven't seen, but no, it simply opens the thread on the first page or top of whichever page you select, just as VAT does. IOW, zero difference in functionality.

Hmm... I wonder what we're missing. :confused:

I post in there sure, I like a ‘lil shit slinging ( just like YOU used to GOAT) but I think it’s better if OT is just OT and not accessed by ANY of the search functions so that the people that don’t want to see it or participate in it don’t even know it’s there. IMO users should have to go to the board index and click directly on OT.

paulyc":8bgye78j said:
I post in there sure, I like a ‘lil shit slinging ( just like YOU used to GOAT) but I think it’s better if OT is just OT and not accessed by ANY of the search functions so that the people that don’t want to see it or participate in it don’t even know it’s there. IMO users should have to go to the board index and click directly on OT.
There seems to be a paradox afoot... What do you make of this?

From now on, we thank our members to exclude any religion or politics talk in all Rig-Talk forums, including in the off-topic forum.

All such posts will be systematically deleted.

Feel free to post such messages in other forums on the web, some exist for that purpose, unlike Rig-Talk.

Thank you!
Psycom

stanz":amhpmjko said:
paulyc":amhpmjko said:
There seems to be a paradox afoot... What do you make of this?

From now on, we thank our members to exclude any religion or politics talk in all Rig-Talk forums, including in the off-topic forum.

All such posts will be systematically deleted.

Feel free to post such messages in other forums on the web, some exist for that purpose, unlike Rig-Talk.

Thank you!
Psycom
You're a 100% hypocrite who's not confused as you too post in OT about such things too GOAT.

Look who’s still here. Surprise surprise. I thought you were leaving ??? GTFO already :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Monkey Man":26u0xiyg said:
stephen sawall":26u0xiyg said:

I figured VNP would take you directly to the first post in a thread that you haven't seen, but no, it simply opens the thread on the first page or top of whichever page you select, just as VAT does. IOW, zero difference in functionality.

VNP I'm getting 97 links.
Still including OT.

VAT I'm getting 176 links.

That's today....so there is some differences.

stephen sawall":3lty1ojh said:
Monkey Man":3lty1ojh said:
stephen sawall":3lty1ojh said:

Still including OT.

That's not what I was talking about, brother. You asked what the difference was, having already said that the OT stuff's still in-there.

Hence my assumption that there's zero difference and my rhetorical question, "I wonder what we're missing."

I always just click on new posts so it’s still the same for me.
Never tried view active topics. :lol: :LOL:

:lol: :LOL:

Funny how we tend to stick with one or the other without actually checking what the other one does, Dan. :doh: :lol: :LOL:

If you want the OT stuff to be separate, you might as well use VAT and the OT Central links. I keep them permanently-open in separate tabs, so it's piss-easy and convenient.

I've always used View unread posts, so nothing has changed for me. No complaints.

Fast cars and loud guitars, life is too short to be a bitch!

:)

Monkey Man":34ctfbce said:
stephen sawall":34ctfbce said:
Monkey Man":34ctfbce said:
stephen sawall":34ctfbce said:

Still including OT.

That's not what I was talking about, brother. You asked what the difference was, having already said that the OT stuff's still in-there.

Hence my assumption that there's zero difference and my rhetorical question, "I wonder what we're missing."

VAT has more post than VNP.

My guess is the difference is VNP is only new stuff since last log in.
I'm looking at both now. I'm guessing eventually I will only use one.

Back