OT: Wisdom Teeth Suggestions...

• Thread starter Thread starter StevieRaveOn
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
tnourse":be3f7 said:
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out years ago and I had no issues at all. I had it done on a Thursday and went back to work Monday.

I was having a ton of really bad headaches before mine came out, so I was glad to see them go. My wisdoms were impacted and had to be cut out. They were starting to push on my other teeth.

Just make sure to follow the doctors instructions and keep your mouth clean! If I remember right, I did a lot of gargling with salt water.

Good luck!

Oh yea, definitely do the salt water thing too. Forgot about that..

Wisdom Teeth Suggestions...

My suggestion is to not get any; they'll probably have to be removed eventually.

:D

I just had mine out last month, all four.

I was definitely NOT ready to go back in 2-3 days. It took at least 5 for me to be anywhere near ready for action and 7-8 for me to get back my full strength.

The actual operation wasn't bad, but the recovery had its ups and downs. The painkillers sent me for a bit of a loop, and I was a bit down emotionally on the third day, but I perked back up again.

Just be sure to gargle with saltwater and make sure the blood clots don't get dislodged.

Eating gets annoying since all you can get is mushy stuff and soup.

I developed an infection last week in one of the areas last week - a full 3.5 weeks after the surgery. Just be careful and make sure you do rinsing with salt water and syringe it out.

i don't have wisdom teeth, never got them. dentist said i am anthropologicaly advanced. evolution is slowly phasing them out as they are unnecessary. good luck though :D

UPDATE:

So, I go it get over my inner chicken, get in the chair, even let the guy get the IV in me... and they said that wouldn't do it because they didn't like my stats. I wasn't breathing enough for them. They didn't even get all of the first syringe in me...

Oh well. But I want to know what the hell was in that first syringe!!! That was f**kin' fly.

You take a lot of hydrocodone and drink quite a bit. At least I have. Hell before my surgery I was poppin' vicodin, drinking beer and still playing shows.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you are always on it, because you dont want to wake up in the middle of the night the next day in pain. It sucks. Bad.

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":fbf26 said:
You take a lot of hydrocodone and drink quite a bit. At least I have. Hell before my surgery I was poppin' vicodin, drinking beer and still playing shows.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you are always on it, because you dont want to wake up in the middle of the night the next day in pain. It sucks. Bad.

Werd bro... Since they didn't do the surgery today, but I had the day off and some vicodin, I did the experiment and a Watson 385 and a Newcastle made for a great leisurely afternoon.

It sucks that they refused to do it though... I don't think I can really afford the option they mentioned of doing it in a hospital, so it's treadmill time, just no telling how much I'd have to lose to be a surgery candidate.

Back