Over the mountain 82'.

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
I know people say Randy’s tone was seriously lacking but I’d say it was different for the time and novel things can be cool until they are not. Anyway I loved how big he sounded on the tribute album.
Btw Tommy Aldridge looks like a full sized poodle haircut.
Yeah. Another 1/4 post. Sorry.

Definitely a hammer and stood the test of time. In fact everyone in that band did minus RR. What if. 😥

I'm not a huge ozzy fan tbh, but I feel like if RR lives ozzys music gets a lot better :dunno:

Ozzy really missed RRs classical flourishes and writing - jake and zakk are better than me, sure, maybe even better technically than randy... but randy was the far superior writer/arranger/composer

As a big Ozzy and Randy fan, it's crazy how good of a guitar player he became AFTER joining Ozzy. All those silly QR bubblegum riffs became something with proper guidance. Which led to Diary. It feels rushed but the rythm playing is heavy throughout and you hesr him evolve. Even though he didn't like the metal thing, Randy's style fit brilliantly to the darker metal riffs. Even the Sabbath stuff he killed it on. Such a wicked live player too. Listen to the live bootlegs all over YT. He's wild and aggressive in almost every show. Keeps the main structure but switches things up as he feels it. Looked badass too. Ed was the man but he never had the same rock star presence Randy had in that little kid's vest and high heeled boots. It just worked.

As a big Ozzy and Randy fan, it's crazy how good of a guitar player he became AFTER joining Ozzy. All those silly QR bubblegum riffs became something with proper guidance. Which led to Diary. It feels rushed but the rythm playing is heavy throughout and you hesr him evolve. Even though he didn't like the metal thing, Randy's style fit brilliantly to the darker metal riffs. Even the Sabbath stuff he killed it on. Such a wicked live player too. Listen to the live bootlegs all over YT. He's wild and aggressive in almost every show. Keeps the main structure but switches things up as he feels it. Looked badass too. Ed was the man but he never had the same rock star presence Randy had in that little kid's vest and high heeled boots. It just worked.

I agree with this, it seems like randy progressed a TON as a player and especially a writer with ozzy

I’d pay good money to watch Ozzy bite Sharon’s head off
He'd make a killing if he sold equivalent Sharon plushies:
OZ_PlushBat_front2_68017238-702e-4d34-8501-12a872853c98_540x.png

I agree with this, it seems like randy progressed a TON as a player and especially a writer with ozzy
I forget where, but I think I read something along the lines of Randy not having as much leeway in QR, whereas with Ozzy he could let loose.

shows what a HUGELY important Bob Daisley played on those (first 3 and NRFTW) Ozzy albums ... Bob help a young Randy learn how to craft great riffs into actual musical pieces

Just monstrous. Everything about Randy at the time. Especially his live tone. It was just the hugest thing.

If you were old enough to experience Eddie when he launched, then Randy 3 years later and then Yngwie 2 years later as they burst onto the scene in order, it was incredible.

shows what a HUGELY important Bob Daisley played on those (first 3 and NRFTW) Ozzy albums ... Bob help a young Randy learn how to craft great riffs into actual musical pieces
Came here to add Bob Daisley and his influence and saw your post. Bob and Randy's writing are what really made those first two albums - and then Bob's work with the band on those next several albums post-Randy.

Back