Over the mountain 82'.

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
Just monstrous. Everything about Randy at the time. Especially his live tone. It was just the hugest thing.

beaviswhoa-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

If you were old enough to experience Eddie when he launched, then Randy 3 years later and then Yngwie 2 years later as they burst onto the scene in order, it was incredible.

were not worthy waynes world.gif

Attachments

• lighterhaironfirewaynesworld-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
    lighterhaironfirewaynesworld-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
    9.8 MB · Views: 15
Came here to add Bob Daisley and his influence and saw your post. Bob and Randy's writing are what really made those first two albums - and then Bob's work with the band on those next several albums post-Randy.

Agree with everything said here and in this thread..Bob is really the magic man. He always got the shaft but they'd suck him back in for more hits and good writing before spitting him back out again.

Tommy did a bare hand drum solo when I saw Ozzy in 1984 on the BATM tour. Unreal. Such a great drummer.
Yep - saw the same tour - he was a beast. Saw him again with Whitesnake in the 2010's, and he did the same. Amazing that he is still going as strong as he is.

Randy sort of looked like Mick Ronson, David Bowie’s Spiders From Mars guitarist.

I saw Tommy’s first gig with the Pat Travers Band way back in Jan. 1978.

Last edited:
I know people say Randy’s tone was seriously lacking but I’d say it was different for the time and novel things can be cool until they are not. Anyway I loved how big he sounded on the tribute album.
Btw Tommy Aldridge looks like a full sized poodle haircut.
Yeah. Another 1/4 post. Sorry.
Tribute sounded way huge as a lil kid in 87

I was always shocked by the studio sound versus the tribute sound. So fuckin killer.

I love his QR stuff. Songs like Eye for an Eye, Trouble, Picking up the pieces, even Demolition Derby

We can complain about the tone now but as completely baked teens partying up with our friends, concerts like that didn't get any better. Nobody was complaining then, that's for sure. We were fucking blown away.

For the live tone you have to listen to bootlegs because as good as the Tribute sound is, you are hearing it mixed/mastered/eq'd through another board. I love that sound, but the sound the audience heard still cut, but was warmer/fatter.

Back