Played a JVM today.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AmpliFIRE
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":a3683 said:
Man I am not sure Kage would boost OD2 and that is a guy that boosts his freaking tv when Schon is playing on it :eek:

Kage has a boost attached to himself. He boosted a Herbert!!! I was like "Come on man! What's wrong with you?!?!?!" :-p

Zachman":7cd30 said:

Aloha Ralphie,

Do me a favor if you can. Post a clip for me of that thing doing it's best VH impression. Don't care about the song as much as the tone.

I haven't tried to get any VH tones from it so far but it will nail Lynch to a "T" with the h30's.

defpearlpilot":9807d said:

Kage has a boost attached to himself. He boosted a Herbert!!! I was like "Come on man! What's wrong with you?!?!?!" :-p

I walk into his hotel room at NAMM and the dresser has boost pedals all over it that he brought :lol:

How's the house????

Gainfreak":9f3a4 said:

I haven't tried to get any VH tones from it so far but it will nail Lynch to a "T" with the h30's.

Let me know, what your assessment is of it's ability to do the VH thing. Carl is being an ass, an acting like he stopped taking his meds again. When I asked him to post some clips of the JVM doing the VH thing, (because he said it smokes the PM in that category), he took it as a challenge and started hurling insults instead of putting up a simple clip of that tone. I asked him, because I think he does great recordings and figured if he thought it did that sound even better than the PM, he'd be the one who could show that.

Of course, he's just wanting to be confrontational, so... IF you get the chance, let me know what you think.

Thanks

Digital Jams":da7da said:

I walk into his hotel room at NAMM and the dresser has boost pedals all over it that he brought :lol:

How's the house????

He's an addict. LOL!

Things are moving along nicely with the house. We're past attorney review and inspection. I'm in the middle of my loan processing right now. I should find out by the end of this week but I'm not anticipating any problems. Now I'm doing really boring crap like picking out paint and furniture. We're also ripping out the carpets and redoing the hardwood floors. So that's going to delay us being able to move in. Wish me luck.

carlygtr56":ce879 said:

It was yoiur sarcastic remark you conveniently forgot-

Can't wait to hear a clip of it doing that VH tone, that the Peacemaker does so well, and smoking it. (waits patiently, but not holding breath)

Now your crying and hurling insults across a few threads. :lol:

I owned the PM a year. I sold it when I got better amps, my Germino.
the JVM, IMO does the VH better, certainly better than yours or Pat's clips, which when compared to the real VH album are football fields apart.

Agreed.

Not crying, just trying to see if your claims can be substantiated, so far nope, just your claims.

Gainfreak":0c132 said:
It should come to no surprise that I absolutely love the JVM. it is without a doubt my favorite marshall that has come out in many years. You guys know that I can be a gain freak/hound but I am comfortable on staying on the od1 channel in amber/orange mode with the gain at 11oclock for leads. There are many great tones in this amp and screwing around with different speakers has told me all I need to know about this amp. I will own one when the cards are cleaned. After selling the IIC+ , The Engl will be next on the chopping block along with some other stuff I have. Should give me some breathing room financially!!

:rawk:

Yup...you and I have pretty similar taste in amps :) . I saw that you sold your IIC+ and i don't blame you for selling the Engl either. Paying down debt is priority one to me as well. Besides, I can honestly say that i like my MKIV more then my IIC+ :yes:

defpearlpilot":4aba7 said:

He's an addict. LOL!

Things are moving along nicely with the house. We're past attorney review and inspection. I'm in the middle of my loan processing right now. I should find out by the end of this week but I'm not anticipating any problems. Now I'm doing really boring crap like picking out paint and furniture. We're also ripping out the carpets and redoing the hardwood floors. So that's going to delay us being able to move in. Wish me luck.

Some tips if you do not all ready know..........

Carpet....Get a utility knife and extra blades and cut the rug in 2' stripes so that it is easier to remove from the house, you just cut and roll the strips up.

Shop vac...get one cause years and years of sand with be under the carpets.

Floors.....are you doing the work? Rent the floor sander if you are and seal the room off. At least three coats of poly and make sure that floor is super dust free.

Paint...the better you prep your walls the longer that paint will last and stay up without starting to peal. Get a good china bristle 2" brush for your cutting work and trim work, the brush will stay together real well and with a steady hand you will not have to tape.

Good Luck!

defpearlpilot":01aa8 said:
It's too bad I didn't hold out to get a Marshall. I still have my TSL601 but it seems like this is the Marshall to get!

Marshall definitely hit a home run with this amp

Digital Jams":6bcf1 said:

Some tips if you do not all ready know..........

Carpet....Get a utility knife and extra blades and cut the rug in 2' stripes so that it is easier to remove from the house, you just cut and roll the strips up.

Shop vac...get one cause years and years of sand with be under the carpets.

Floors.....are you doing the work? Rent the floor sander if you are and seal the room off. At least three coats of poly and make sure that floor is super dust free.

Paint...the better you prep your walls the longer that paint will last and stay up without starting to peal. Get a good china bristle 2" brush for your cutting work and trim work, the brush will stay together real well and with a steady hand you will not have to tape.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tips Scott. We're getting someone to do the floors for us. My uncle can do it but I'd rather have a pro take care of it since we're going to be here a while... and it's our home.

What do I prep the walls with?

Thanks for the advice!

carlygtr56":f16ce said:

No claims. it's MY opinion ,based on everything I ever heard on VH....which is alot.
I saw them in '78. Where were you in '78? Shitting your Pampers?

I got more unrealesed LIVE and STUDIO VH than you can ever imagine...all the cds, etc etc.

I dont have to plug in a play You Really Got Me, to convince some Don Ho wanker....do I?

As long as YOU think YOU"RE getting it with the PM, thats all that matters.
Some think otherwise and need prove nothing to you. :lol:

You claimed it could do that tone, based on you opinion, I would imagine. (DUH) :scared:

All I did was ask you, someone who I feel is most capable of recording very well, to put up a clip of that tone. Chill...

Ok, so you're OLD, and have lots of CD's, are more freaking sensitive than some chick on the rag while watching some Saturday Special about lost love or some other chick flick boo hoo bullshit ... I am 40 and so, What is the point?

You are a bitch, protected by the anonymity of the internet who apparently has a self-control issue, thinks awfully highly of themself and would not likely act this way in person. OOHH, you're so cool. Spare me... You are dismissed.

AmpliFIRE":4afcf said:

Yup...you and I have pretty similar taste in amps :) . I saw that you sold your IIC+ and i don't blame you for selling the Engl either. Paying down debt is priority one to me as well. Besides, I can honestly say that i like my MKIV more then my IIC+ :yes:

We definitely like the same type of amps for sure. My Debt is my main priority because Im now living paycheck to paycheck and that's no good!!
That said, Even though I had the MKIIC+ I always find myself plugging into the MKIV, so I hear what you are saying ;)

defpearlpilot":b6bc8 said:

Thanks for the tips Scott. We're getting someone to do the floors for us. My uncle can do it but I'd rather have a pro take care of it since we're going to be here a while... and it's our home.

What do I prep the walls with?

Thanks for the advice!

I am hoping you have sheet rock and not plaster.

You need to sand the walls before priming because the sanding with create a rough finish for the primer to stick to, if you paint over a smooth finish the paint will scratch off easily. 200 something grit will do the job. If you have nail holes or imperfections use Spackle after sanding and apply it with a spackle knife over the imperfection. Use a sanding block so that the spackle feathers in nice over the wall and you don't leave a bump.

After sanding you need to use a tack cloth which is sort of sticky cheese cloth. It will remove all the dust so you don't have all of these little pimples all over your walls. If you are using a color like dark red you can ask to tint the primer because some dark colors will take up to three freaking coats to cover :doh: Cut in the room first, use a brush and go along windows, trim, doors, etc then roll.

Rollers......there are different types depending on your walls and prep. Stay away from the afro ones if possible becasue it will make a textured finish. Roolers are labeled smooth, semi, etc. The better your prep work the smoother your paint will come out.

Digital Jams":71765 said:

I am hoping you have sheet rock and not plaster.

You need to sand the walls before priming because the sanding with create a rough finish for the primer to stick to, if you paint over a smooth finish the paint will scratch off easily. 200 something grit will do the job. If you have nail holes or imperfections use Spackle after sanding and apply it with a spackle knife over the imperfection. Use a sanding block so that the spackle feathers in nice over the wall and you don't leave a bump.

After sanding you need to use a tack cloth which is sort of sticky cheese cloth. It will remove all the dust so you don't have all of these little pimples all over your walls. If you are using a color like dark red you can ask to tint the primer because some dark colors will take up to three freaking coats to cover :doh: Cut in the room first, use a brush and go along windows, trim, doors, etc then roll.

Rollers......there are different types depending on your walls and prep. Stay away from the afro ones if possible becasue it will make a textured finish. Roolers are labeled smooth, semi, etc. The better your prep work the smoother your paint will come out.

Ugh!! :doh: :cry:

Thanks for all the tips Scott. Very handy.

carlygtr56":ba23f said:

As you wouldnt have made the sarcastic remark about me putting up a VH clip to my face either.

I got an ear, and an opinion.
Your and Pat's PM clips sound nothing like the real thing. They never will no matter how much you try and shove that point down people's throats.

Believe what you will. I didn't ask you to put up a vh clip, I asked if you would put a clip of the JVM, demoing VH TONE NOT VH TUNES. You are too smart to think that anyone reading any of this will buy your argument about me asking for you to play Van Halen songs. Sheesh...

Argument aside, I'd really appreceiate some VH style clips, Carl. Your other stuff smoked!

Back