Played Gig #2 with the JVM this past Saturday...

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
:|::QBB:
Santiall":dcccf said:
JVM and DSL don't share the transformers, it could be that the HT voltage is the same as it is a pretty standard value for a 100W tube amp, but actually it is funny to read some comments out there saying that the JVM is a TSL with one more channel... They are completely different amps.

As for the bias, the plate voltages are around 470V, maybe between 460-480V depending on the mains voltage. 40mA will give you around 75% of plate dissipation which is OK. I say around because the actual plate current will be a bit lower than that.

Just out of curiousity, what other amps have you designed or had influence with?

I'm really digging what you did with the JVM :)

duesentrieb":2d494 said:
I'll be there on friday and come over from the Diezel booth to say "Hello".

nah, I'll say "hallo, wie geht's"
come over to Marshall as well. :thumbsup:

kannibul":8b5ec said:

Just out of curiousity, what other amps have you designed or had influence with?

I'm really digging what you did with the JVM :)

thanks for that. For Marshall I have done the JVMs, Kerry King's and the MB economy bass range.

Santiall":07d6b said:

thanks for that. For Marshall I have done the JVMs, Kerry King's and the MB economy bass range.

If the JVM is any indication, I need to check out that Kerry King!

Buckeyedog":b7816 said:
I played a JVM at George's shop on Saturday and I was real impressed with it. Even played through a cab with new 75's it still sounded great! Now I want one as well. Gotta love the "no boost pedals needed" thing too. Wow.......think it has enough gain???......holy cow! I really liked OD1 orange. Neat amp.
Its funny how those 75's don't sound that bad isnt it? I thought your custom amp sounded great thru them...really thick! The slant cab still has the new sound though.

It was great hanging out Sat! Let me know how that Tonelab works out, I need to try one out at some point.

Sat nite...well thats a different story.

Nice to hear that you're digging the amp, Chris!

Marshall, please do release a rack preamp version of the JVM! I'm sooooo buying one if it'll be made. :cool:

-Jaakko

Back