POLL & Discussion - How Old are Ya Guys?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date

Where do you fit?

• 11-20

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 21-30

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 101 25.2%
  • 41-50

Votes: 117 29.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 127 31.7%
  • 61-70

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • 71-80

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
Was reading a thread earlier. Said Lot of us live in nostalgic mind frame.
I’m 51. So yeah I’m gonna be a 70s 80s guy.
Barely know anything from the 90s on up.

Just want some feedback. Not saying nothing bad came from 90s plus.
Any one can post for sure. 4 year old child to 100 year old.

Just curious on folks ages.
I’m 54. I am a 70s early 80s guy but when I heard Facelift and Blood Sugar Sex Magik the first time I was ecstatic because the mid to late 80s sucked. I was in LA from 85- late 87 and while I admit it was great hanging out on the strip , banging hot chicks and doing a bunch of cheap and pure coke, the music didn’t thrill me.

I’m 54. I am a 70s early 80s guy but when I heard Facelift and Blood Sugar Sex Magik the first time I was ecstatic because the mid to late 80s sucked. I was in LA from 85- late 87 and while I admit it was great hanging out on the strip , banging hot chicks and doing a bunch of cheap and pure coke, the music didn’t thrill me.
Funny, that music from the 1980's Hollywood scene was more than a trendy thing, it's really more of Regional Cultural thing .
SF / East Bay had its Thrash, Speed Metal and Hardcore Culture
And Seattle had its Grunge / Alternative Culture .

Funny, that music from the 1980's Hollywood scene was more than a trendy thing, it's really more of Regional Cultural thing .
SF / East Bay had its Thrash, Speed Metal and Hardcore Culture
And Seattle had its Grunge / Alternative Culture .
Dude, I lived in a flop house next door to the guys from Morbid Angel and we hung out with Nasty Savage. That was in Tampa. Definitely a regional thing.

Dude, I lived in a flop house next door to the guys from Morbid Angel and we hung out with Nasty Savage. That was in Tampa. Definitely a regional thing.
Those were the days of Kerrang .... the old " Tape Network " , now it's the Internet .

I was born in late December, ten days before 1965 .
Late Boomer / early Gen X'er cusp, I guess 🤔

As I've said to several others bro':

Unfortunately we lost the dude you're talking to mate. Danno is a huge loss for the forum and we all miss him.

Don't worry; several peeps have done this already 'cause he started the thread.
Easy "mistake" to make; it was only just last year that we lost him.

Think nothing of it bro'.

Peeps who read the OP have no way of knowing unless they were regulars last year.

I thought about editing the post for a split second but I feel it would be in bad taste.
I don't think Dan would mind (if he was still with us RIP) if you Edited his OP. :dunno:

I mean, it is a sticky and the OP is asking a question so people naturally "Reply" without knowing. Dan would approve is what me thinks. Either that, or just let it go.

:cheers:

Yeah, I've felt obligated in the best interests of everyone to inform the quoters.

I respect your moral compass Brother 3, so knowing that at least you think it'd be OK edges me towards placing a little footnote in that post.

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

Back