POLL & Discussion - How Old are Ya Guys?

Where do you fit?

• 11-20

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 21-30

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 101 25.4%
  • 41-50

Votes: 116 29.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 126 31.7%
  • 61-70

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • 71-80

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
Was reading a thread earlier. Said Lot of us live in nostalgic mind frame.
I’m 51. So yeah I’m gonna be a 70s 80s guy.
Barely know anything from the 90s on up.

Just want some feedback. Not saying nothing bad came from 90s plus.
Any one can post for sure. 4 year old child to 100 year old.

Just curious on folks ages.

[mod edit]
Just a heads-up that if you quote this post in your reply, you'll be talking to a much-beloved forum member who we tragically lost last year.
May you RIP Brother Dan; we all love and miss you mate!
Just turned 40 this past weekend!

I'm Fifty-Tree (53)

115.jpg

seven-oh [metal since sabbath s/t '69] when i was 15. then gfr,böc,dp,priest,ufo,rush,mötorhead,montrose,rainbow,scorps[lovedrive] et.al
yrs. now into meshuggah & esp. right now - car bomb [if don caballero & meshuggah had a child] - superb mathcore.

TA !

....why is this lame shit a sticky I have to scroll past everytime I want to see actual topics...
'Cause if one's going to take a poll that by-definition every member has something to offer, it makes sense to put it where everyone can see it.

Also, new members have an at-a-glance reference as to the age spreads and prevalences.

'Cause if one's going to take a poll that by-definition every member has something to offer, it makes sense to put it where everyone can see it.

Also, new members have an at-a-glance reference as to the age spreads and prevalences.

I'm trying to figure out who gives a flying rats ass about people's ages is all... it's the most useless sticky I've ever seen on a music forum.

It's something that should be a normal thread. I mean if yall doing the "to catch a amp predator" episodes, I get it. But... yeah.... nah... it's in the way and weird. And somehow, it annoys me eveytime I click the rig talk link and have to scroll past a useless "whats your age" sticky every damn time.

From a banned member at that.
It's cluttered. Some would disagree just to be contradictory but we know deep down inside it shouldn't be a sticky in the RIG TALK section of the board. Been around since the old harmony central days... and it's like some of that DNA has leaked over to rig talk lol...

Honestly. A sticky about age in the rig talk section. Really?

Just sticky "what's your favorite BBQ sauce" on the RIG talk page...while we're at it eh? 💀

Genuinely find this interesting...
How many age stickies can we fit on the RIG TALK section? Needs one more!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240617_023345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_023345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 15
So let's at least add one more "age" sticky to the rig section and make it a good number like 3. Why have 2 of the same exact shit when you can have 3 to get past before seeing things that actually are important to any type of rig discussion. I get having fun threads. But you got 2 age stickies in a rig section. I was just trying to make sense of the logic behind this. Why is it actually important..... twice.... ..🕴

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240617_023345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_023345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 18
Firstly, here's my response in the other thread bro':

Genuinely find this interesting...
Good that you're genuine about it bro' 'cause there's a genuine reason to have the separate poll.

It's called metrics. At-a-glance overview of the spread and prevalence of the various age groups.

This thread OTOH, is an individual / personalised ongoing snapshot.

IOW, one's on an individual / member basis, the other's a statistical / group one.

HTH mate.

I get having fun threads. But you got 2 age stickies in a rig section. I was just trying to make sense of the logic behind this. Why is it actually important..... twice.... ..🕴
'Cause many peeps wanted to know this stuff. I get you man; it doesn't interest me either. Well, maybe just a little.

So let's at least add one more "age" sticky to the rig section and make it a good number like 3. Why have 2 of the same exact shit when you can have 3 to get past before seeing things that actually are important to any type of rig discussion.
Why twice? Not twice. Different purposes. See explanation in my quote of my response to you in the other thread.

Also, it's not the "Rig" section. It's the main sub-forum, the one most members look at every visit (there's a clue right there) and the one in which pretty-much any subject flies unless it becomes too-OTC-flavoured, at which point it's moved there.

My turn now and I have 3 questions. That should make you happy 'cause it's more than 2: :LOL:

1) Why ask the mods the same question in both threads? Why twice? Shouldn't once be enough? In this case, as opposed to your "accusation" about the threads, the question actually really is identical.

2) Why do it 2 days in-a-row? Shouldn't one day be enough? I answered you yesterday, after all.

3) Why does it matter to you so much? It's only the top of page 1. Pro tip: As you flick past the stickies, say something like, "... the stuff some peeps care about" and by the time you've finished that phrase you'll be past 'em. The philosophy works for me anyway - just reminding myself that I live in a global community and not just on my lonesome in some house somewhere. :LOL: :doh:

Anywho, HTH mate. :thumbsup:

🫠🫠🫠
Firstly, here's my response in the other thread bro':

Good that you're genuine about it bro' 'cause there's a genuine reason to have the separate poll.

It's called metrics. At-a-glance overview of the spread and prevalence of the various age groups.

This thread OTOH, is an individual / personalised ongoing snapshot.

IOW, one's on an individual / member basis, the other's a statistical / group one.

HTH mate.

'Cause many peeps wanted to know this stuff. I get you man; it doesn't interest me either. Well, maybe just a little.

Why twice? Not twice. Different purposes. See explanation in my quote of my response to you in the other thread.

Also, it's not the "Rig" section. It's the main sub-forum, the one most members look at every visit (there's a clue right there) and the one in which pretty-much any subject flies unless it becomes too-OTC-flavoured, at which point it's moved there.

My turn now and I have 3 questions. That should make you happy 'cause it's more than 2: :LOL:

1) Why ask the mods the same question in both threads? Why twice? Shouldn't once be enough? In this case, as opposed to your "accusation" about the threads, the question actually really is identical.

2) Why do it 2 days in-a-row? Shouldn't one day be enough? I answered you yesterday, after all.

3) Why does it matter to you so much? It's only the top of page 1. Pro tip: As you flick past the stickies, say something like, "... the stuff some peeps care about" and by the time you've finished that phrase you'll be past 'em. The philosophy works for me anyway - just reminding myself that I live in a global community and not just on my lonesome in some house somewhere. :LOL: :doh:

Anywho, HTH mate. :thumbsup:

Just constructive criticism. I'll tell you quote easily that the better way to do this would be just have a general "Sticky Thread" and have the bullshit title threads linked in that one sticky. It's just stupid as he'll to have the entire top of the page loaded with useless information....

Containment...
Streamline...
It's not that hard...

The forum is however stubborn to progress or evolution, quite obviously. So I don't expect it to actually change... never hurts to point out some obvious dumb shit though you know? Sometimes people pay attention. Never know til you try.

It's some 10 year old harmony central banter having the top of the rig section loaded with nonsense talking about not a single rig. Youd think a sticky was reserved for specific topics within the category with the little twink threads about age and your favorite color panties, linked in a general sticky list, outta the way of the main stickys. Not cluttering the top of the page.

Its useless information that belongs somewhere else. But yeah, anyway. 💀

Back