POLL & Discussion - How Old are Ya Guys?

Where do you fit?

• 11-20

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 21-30

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 101 25.4%
  • 41-50

Votes: 116 29.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 126 31.7%
  • 61-70

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • 71-80

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
🫠🫠🫠

Just constructive criticism. I'll tell you quote easily that the better way to do this would be just have a general "Sticky Thread" and have the bullshit title threads linked in that one sticky. It's just stupid as he'll to have the entire top of the page loaded with useless information....

Containment...
Streamline...
It's not that hard...

The forum is however stubborn to progress or evolution, quite obviously. So I don't expect it to actually change... never hurts to point out some obvious dumb shit though you know? Sometimes people pay attention. Never know til you try.

It's some 10 year old harmony central banter having the top of the rig section loaded with nonsense talking about not a single rig. Youd think a sticky was reserved for specific topics within the category with the little twink threads about age and your favorite color panties, linked in a general sticky list, outta the way of the main stickys. Not cluttering the top of the page.

Its useless information that belongs somewhere else. But yeah, anyway. 💀
You seem to be the only one here that doesn't really like it here 🤷

But honestly, the thread is cool not because it was created by Donnie B., but because a lot of us are getting up in age and some are no longer with us at all. So it helps to see where our peers fall in the age brackets. The jokes have been pretty good too. YMMV. Enjoy if you can :cheers:

So I don't expect it to actually change... never hurts to point out some obvious dumb shit though you know? Sometimes people pay attention. Never know til you try.
Indeed and thank you for the feedback nevertheless bro'.

Around 2AM I was chillin' watching TV when it suddenly occurred to me - I could merge the threads 'cause the discussion in either wouldn't be out-of-place in the other. D'Oh! I'm good at noticing details but often the obvious escapes me altogether.

So, I'll merge the two, which will reduce the sticky list a bit. You'll still have to scroll past it, but the length will have been reduced by 12.5%, so your effort wasn't for nought after all.

Thank you again for the feedback man and also for putting up with my sense of humour. :LOL: :cheers:

You had me going for a sec there Brother 3. :LOL:

Should be atop every page in the thread... unless I'm missing something.

Hopefully voting still works; I can't test it 'cause mine's already-in. I voted for Shit Sandwich. :dunno:

You had me going for a sec there Brother 3. :LOL:

Should be atop every page in the thread... unless I'm missing something.

Hopefully voting still works; I can't test it 'cause mine's already-in. I voted for Shit Sandwich. :dunno:
Ah OK. I thought I 'polled' already too - so I thought you broke the poll.

I voted. Its fine. Nice work :cheers:

Indeed and thank you for the feedback nevertheless bro'.

Around 2AM I was chillin' watching TV when it suddenly occurred to me - I could merge the threads 'cause the discussion in either wouldn't be out-of-place in the other. D'Oh! I'm good at noticing details but often the obvious escapes me altogether.

So, I'll merge the two, which will reduce the sticky list a bit. You'll still have to scroll past it, but the length will have been reduced by 12.5%, so your effort wasn't for nought after all.

Thank you again for the feedback man and also for putting up with my sense of humour. :LOL: :cheers:

A moderator that takes suggestions and applies them when they make sense is valuable. Well done!!

I appreciate you having an open mind.
It doesn't look so redundant now.
So that's a plus if anything.

And I come from the old days of forum trolling. So when you see me doing that, just know it's banter. Even if it sounds mean, it's very light hearted troll activity to break up the stagnation. Which is why I wont get bent when I have a back & forth with anyone here. Some take it personal, (the cult members) but you don't have to worry about that with me. I know the deal at this point. 🤣💀

A moderator that takes suggestions and applies them when they make sense is valuable. Well done!!

I appreciate you having an open mind.
It doesn't look so redundant now.
So that's a plus if anything.

And I come from the old days of forum trolling. So when you see me doing that, just know it's banter. Even if it sounds mean, it's very light hearted troll activity to break up the stagnation. Which is why I wont get bent when I have a back & forth with anyone here. Some take it personal, (the cult members) but you don't have to worry about that with me. I know the deal at this point. 🤣💀
Thanks for the kind words brother! Awesome man. :cheers2:

I have an answer for you about the other suggestion you had, that of gathering what would otherwise be sticky threads' links into one sticky thread.

The problem with that is that peeps will have to go into that thread to see wassup, whereas the whole idea of stickies is that everyone gets to see them. If peeps have to consciously go into a thread, well, it's impossible to train everyone to do that, for one thing.

Hope you understand bro'.

One last thing:
There'll be one less sticky when Tone Monster completes his charity giveaways, reducing what was 8 stickies yesterday to just 6.

Ah OK. I thought I 'polled' already too - so I thought you broke the poll.

I voted. Its fine. Nice work :cheers:
Great to hear Brother 3. Thanks man! :thumbsup:

Counting from the year I was born, I'm in my 30's. In my head and with how I generally feel, I'm still in my 20's. :cool:

We need to get some youngings in here! I don't think kids these days know what forums are besides one particular link aggregator site.... 😑

Counting from the year I was born, I'm in my 30's. In my head and with how I generally feel, I'm still in my 20's. :cool:

We need to get some youngings in here! I don't think kids these days know what forums are besides one particular link aggregator site.... 😑
Younger blood is good man as is fresh opinions. Luckily, most are welcome to express those opinions here.

What is this link aggregator site you refer to? Google?

Back