Poor sales

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
You didn't see the post I just put up yet, have you?

O.P.- I've noticed that too.There was a time when our local gc always had a "boutique " section (room) where you could always find something cool.Now that gear room is just a an empty storage room.And nobody working there seems to care.
I've noticed this alarming trend on cl,etc, with other things too,ie: stereo equipment, rare auto accessories, outdoor equipment etc..

I could say the same thing about Wizard which I really like and have 3 of ATM. Still can't believe the dumbasses selling these (although I really don't believe they're getting what they're asking). Of course don't know what I think of as "vintage" exists in Wizard. But I have seen some that looked to be 30yrs old or more with no effects loops, that pop like like hell when switched between channels. I got into trying to harvest some of the really old ones a while back, but just lost my patience with some of the ignorant clods trying to sell them. If I could even get one of the dumbfuckers to give me a serial number, I'd just get Rick to tell me what he could about a particular build.
I got so burnt out fried on selling stuff and dealing with dipshits that I can’t barely muster the gumption to even post up anything, and I’m sitting on a pile of stuff I don’t play that I need to sell. That bleeds into all sorts of stuff including mountain bikes and surfboards....anymore I’ve also got to want something badly to chase it down as well, for sure have become waaaaay more selective. I’ve found what works for me and need less and less weekly, for sure I could get away with one amp in particular 😏

Hope you’re well Brother, Happy Holidays !

The best is on TGP where i have something listed for X and another guy lists his for X + 20% and that dudes inexplicably sells before mine.

The reality is that people are just fucking morons.

They dont know pricing on what they are looking at.

I haven't been on vacation since October 2019. Due to that, I've got money saved up for it, when I can go, and no need to sell any gears. Maybe others are in the same predicament.

Not here...you mean here on the forum?
I live in Belgium and I have a couple of guitars listed on the popular second hand sites.
Normally stuff like Fender and Gibson (the well known brands) sells quickly if it's priced competitively.
But now , I'm getting offers from 750 Euro (!) to 1400 Euro for my Gibson Les Paul Standard (with a nice top).
The highest bidder insisted that he could buy them at 1300 Euro all day. I asked him "where?" so I could buy one...
..it’s always..well if you can get them cheaper so easily why are you wasting your time talking to me…Oh, I know..fuck off…lol

I was tired of shipping and sometimes the hassle of selling. I took a bunch of shit (5 guitars, 2 amps and some pedals) to a local music store and put them on consignment. It takes longer but there is no hassle and the store will ship too. I still have a Skervesen 7 string and a Caparison Horus at the store but everything else eventually sold.

I figured it helped a local mom and pop store and all I had to do is collect my money after a sale.
What horus are you selling

Seems the same to me not that people haven't had any luck. Prices overall are high as the people asking them.
Took me 3 months to sell a wonderful Gibson Les Paul (at 25-30% off) and it sold on Reverb for more than I was asking here or on TGP. Almost no interest at $5100, but at $4999 and $150 shipping, I had multiple offers on Reverb (almost like people set a search capped at $5000). I had it below $5k on here for a while with no interest. Not even lowball offers.

Guy that bought it said it was the best Les Paul he ever played. I knew that would be the case and was shocked when there was little to no interest even though I was 25%-30% off new prices and accepting offers.

I've seen some killer amps here lately at decent discounts not moving either. I think the high end gear sales have just hit a wall. Didn't help that Gibson dropped new prices $300 on me after I listed the guitar.

I think a lot of people are just hurting in this economy. Everyone's sitting on whatever money they have. I've been selling gear for 20+ years like a madman and this is by far the slowest I've ever seen the used gear market. I'm used to being able to sell whatever I want within a week or two tops, now I just settle in and expect it'll be 1-3 months.

I think a lot of people are just hurting in this economy. Everyone's sitting on whatever money they have. I've been selling gear for 20+ years like a madman and this is by far the slowest I've ever seen the used gear market. I'm used to being able to sell whatever I want within a week or two tops, now I just settle in and expect it'll be 1-3 months.
agreed. Think the used gear market came to a screeching halt. Nothing is moving right now.

Back