Prince's Halftime Show. Thoughts???

• Thread starter Thread starter bill
  • Start date Start date
thought it was pretty good. i've played in cold(hockey game in high school) and rain (huge outdoor festival) called Summerfest. granted rain wasn't pouring straight down on me. its tough either way to pull off your norm much less your best....so props to Prince for that. pretty good for the conditions. good tone for being on TV.

I think it was great that the superbowl halftime show was a guy playing his guitar . Ya there were dancers and whatever , but it was awesome .

Jis tone with that light blue Fender and white pickups.....my god....all along the watchtower sounded fab! He is so awesome!

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":643c9 said:
Jis tone with that light blue Fender and white pickups.....my god....all along the watchtower sounded fab! He is so awesome!
+1
I liked his strat tone the best as well...and he's an amazing writer/performer!

When he was covering the Foo Fighters i laughed and went and got another beer, came back and put on Family Guy.

he did a decent job of keeping people's attention, just a good clean show, solid performance considering the serious downpour, but the mix was bad, seriously loud guitar and no other tones from the rest of the band. great show, much better than the mtv-produced celebrity fests from the past.

I thought it was great. Agreed he's even better in a real concert setting, but considering the circumstances I thought it was great.

BTW...a killer guitar player...no....he was not that night....nice attitude though...he went for it!

Excuse my ignorance, how long is an American Football halftime? Is the superbowl longer?

Did he seriously try to mix Jimi Hendrix and Foo Fighters? :x

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":13230 said:
Excuse my ignorance, how long is an American Football halftime? Is the superbowl longer?

yeah, quite a bit.

Though, I don't know for certain. In all the SB is about twice as long in every category.

More TV Timeouts (longer ones), as well.

I enjoyed Prince but the mix absolutely sucked. I was really surprised that no one fixed it. When you are running live sound that will also be broadcasted live, you need to check the venues sound as well as the feed that is going out live. I personally think the person who was mixing should be fired.

I have big time respect for him just going out there in the rain and gripping it and ripping it, freaking pro performer for sure.

That Strat is freaking hot :o

I saw Prince on his Musicology tour in Jersey.

He did a 3 song solo acoustic mini-set that blew my hair back and 4 Led Zeppelin covers..when he jumped into the Zep covers, I was the only white mental patient in my section standing and screaming YEEEAAAHH !!!

I felt like I was the only dork that recognized the songs and I could of sworn that Prince gave me a "nod" when he finished ;)

Everything from shred, slow blues and everything in between + a really HOT bass player chik in the band !

Would recommend to go see him live if you ever get the chance

+1.... wall to wall babes to boot

I thought his SB performance was great
Later,

BTW, I think Prince uses Orange's now.

:D

orange_prince.jpg

Oranges, eh? Whatever it was, it was good tone. ..just not his playing yesterday. For a Super Bowl performance it was good. For a Prince performance it was weak.

>|<>QBB<
tweed":e265d said:
Prince fucking rocks.

+8,000,000

Overall it probably wasn't his best performance, but it was the best half time show EVER in the history of American sporting events. I mean, come on. He was singing Purple Rain while being rained on -- you can't get more poignant than that.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":c5434 said:
I enjoyed Prince but the mix absolutely sucked. I was really surprised that no one fixed it. When you are running live sound that will also be broadcasted live, you need to check the venues sound as well as the feed that is going out live. I personally think the person who was mixing should be fired.

Actually CBS's overall coverage of the game in general was pretty bad. Hopefully ESPN/ABC or Fox will have the game next year.

Back