PRS MT100

• Thread starter Thread starter Yehuda
  • Start date Start date
I never heard this guy’s stuff so I checked out the Tremonti YouTube channel. It’s pretty good stuff.

Looks like a dealer accidentally leaked the full details but they’ve been taken down. Keep an eye out Monday…

What I recall seeing:

$1,849.99
4 x 6L6GC
8 x 12AX7
Series effects loop
3 button footswitch (7-pin DIN)
Clean/Overdrive/Lead
Each channel has its own circuit and dedicated preamp tubes.

Excited to try one at that price point for a 3 channel 100 watt amp that is pretty damn good.

MT does seem like a good guy. Seems like the kind of guy that would post on here, time permitting

MT does seem like a good guy. Seems like the kind of guy that would post on here, time permitting
Yea. During the reveal video of the MT100, he mentioned that he always has amp shootout parties with his friends and I knew then that he’s one of us

Officially announced…specs.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpeg
    IMG_1089.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 68
Officially announced…specs.
Preordered. Looks like Indonesia is the place of build. It has external bias points too; like the big EVH amps, very cool. This is the first new amp I've bought in quite a few years.
I'll report back after I get it; hopefully not too long.

Listened to Fluff and Kyle Bull's videos today, not sounding as good as I thought it would honestly. Gain sounds a bit artificial. But I'm going to try and play one in person before I really judge it.

Edit: Agufish made it sound great

Last edited:
On Kyle’s video it seemed to respond better to the lower output pickups with a boost. I actually thought it sounded quite good but I only caught the demo of the lead channel. I briefly had an MT15 and thought it was cool but too dark/smooth for my tastes.

It's missing a few things that I think would be useful. Global master volume, effects loop level, and perhaps a DI.

Very interested in this amp. I do wish it had MIDI though.

The OD channel seems pretty useless - unless you're really into honky midrange

Listened to Fluff and Kyle Bull's videos today, not sounding as good as I thought it would honestly. Gain sounds a bit artificial. But I'm going to try and play one in person before I really judge it.

Edit: Agufish made it sound great
Fluff is a great guy and a member here…he rarely posts anymore…but my problem with his videos is everything sounds the same. I’m sure it’s his recording setup and then YouTube…but I swear every single thing sounds alike. And I’m not knocking him even though it sounds like it. I enjoy kyle’s reviews…he pretty much riffs on things the way I want to hear them. Other than members here I don’t really listen to to many other people’s reviews unless I’m deep diving on something.

This is Tremonti's video, with the amp in the mix at the start.

So anyone still rocking one of these amps? I heard the newest batch of these has addressed the noise issues that so many people complained about.

So anyone still rocking one of these amps? I heard the newest batch of these has addressed the noise issues that so many people complained about.
I still have mine and still love it, play it daily and would never sell it. The amp just sounds awesome and does something different for high gain then all my other amps.
I got to play a new one, side by side and the only difference over mine that I could tell was it seemed quieter volume wise across the whole amp, all channels and effects loop noise IF running the cables next to the power transformer induced hum just like original, just maybe slightly less.

Back