Reinholt Bogner hit the new 50 watt Ecstasy out of the park!

• Thread starter Thread starter gbsmusic
  • Start date Start date
gbsmusic
gbsmusic
I picked this up on a whim just to check it out I had the 35 watt version and it was good but not great. This little beast completely kills! The clean Channel is like a Shiva the blue Channel is as close to the 100 watt as any of his other amps have come and the red Channel is perfect, the blue and red channels are not compressed like the 35 watt version very open . This thing can almost be used as a five channel amp because when you boost channels two and three it really completely changes the tone it gives it a more modern sound. I threw a delay and Reverb in the loop and the sound is just glorious. I haven't even really messed with the EQ yet or any of the switches it's perfect setup neutral but I will mess around and see what I get. I haven't been this happy with an amp since I bought my first Slo 100.

Attachments

• 20231121_121230.jpg
    20231121_121230.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Congrats man it's beautiful. I dig the tolex on it. I do have to say that is easily the most compact 4x12 I have seen in all my life. Working that Bogner magic! I bet you open that cab and there is feathers in there for the baffle! Enjoy it loud, enjoy it often.

I picked this up on a whim just to check it out I had the 35 watt version and it was good but not great. This little beasr completely kills! The clean Channel is like a Shiva the blue Channel is as close to the 100 watt as any of his other amps have come and the red Channel is perfect, the blue and red channels are not compressed like the 35 watt version very open . This thing can almost be used as a five channel amp because when you boost channels two and three it really completely changes the tone it gives it a more modern sound. I threw a delay and Reverb in the loop and the sound is just glorious. I haven't even really messed with the EQ yet or any of the switches it's perfect setup neutral but I will mess around and see what I get. I haven't been this happy with an amp since I bought my first Slo 100.

BTW- if anyone has the 35 watt version and they are interested in trading my wheat grill for your black grill let me know I will pay for your shipping.

Agree 100%

Congrats man it's beautiful. I dig the tolex on it. I do have to say that is easily the most compact 4x12 I have seen in all my life. Working that Bogner magic! I bet you open that cab and there is feathers in there for the baffle! Enjoy it loud, enjoy it often.
Lol I think you're making a joke its a 1-12 cabinet. I wanted this cabinet because I hate the 30s and I love the creamback 65s and it sounds perfect for this amp!

Very cool. I’m very interested in small, powerful all tube rigs like this. That’d be easy loading in and out, and you have all the power you need in 50 watts. Nice. Throw some clips up of that bad boy.

I played one recently in a store. It took quite a while to tweak to a sound I like. Left me feeling meh about it as it was too sensitive to different settings and I couldn’t get a good balance of CH2 and CH 3 in the tones I wanted. It‘s not a grip it and rip it amp. I would dig one where it’s Just Ch 2 and CH 3 and they have separate presence and EQ.

Very cool. I’m very interested in small, powerful all tube rigs like this. That’d be easy loading in and out, and you have all the power you need in 50 watts. Nice. Throw some clips up of that bad boy.
Exactly the reason why I went EVH 50W head + a vertical 2x12; all the thump, without the schlump. (y)
That being said, since the EVH 50W still leaves a thing or two to be desired, this Bogner 3534 50W definitely peaked my interest.
Feature-wise, the only thing I would want more is a footswitchable fx-loop, which I use a lot live.

I'm going to get a new phone next week and hopefully I'll get some clips the phone I have sucks

I played one recently in a store. It took quite a while to tweak to a sound I like. Left me feeling meh about it as it was too sensitive to different settings and I couldn’t get a good balance of CH2 and CH 3 in the tones I wanted. It‘s not a grip it and rip it amp. I would dig one where it’s Just Ch 2 and CH 3 and they have separate presence and EQ.
Hey curious if this was the 35W you tried not the 50W, I had the 35W and had the same issues but the new 50W seems to fix all of those, whats confusing is they have the same name

Still can't believe they didn't call it 5034 or just Ecstasy 50-watt. Oh well. I'm still excited to try it some time!

I completely agree I don't know what the thought process was but oh well it's a killer amp that's for sure. I did find a trade for the grill

I had the first version and didn't like it much. Then again, I prefer bright and bite in my tone so the Marshall thing is more in my wheelhouse.

A less compressed and brighter version could be fun to have around.

Hey curious if this was the 35W you tried not the 50W, I had the 35W and had the same issues but the new 50W seems to fix all of those, whats confusing is they have the same name
It was the 50

Been very curious about these. I have the 101b and it's my favorite amp, but I like small amps and I heard the 35 wasn't too great. Gotta find one of these to try!

Been very curious about these. I have the 101b and it's my favorite amp, but I like small amps and I heard the 35 wasn't too great. Gotta find one of these to try!
The 35 is just fine this one is just much better. It is much more open and less compressed especially on the third Channel.

Back