Remembering First Amp & Guitar

• Thread starter Thread starter Dadrocks
  • Start date Start date
Ibanez and a peavey rage. This pic was 33-35 years ago..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231226_122828_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226_122828_Facebook.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 28
I think I had a Squier strat pack. It came with a crappy amp. Then I bought a PRS CE22 thinking it would make me a better player. Instead, I was just a crappy player with a cool guitar.

my first was a Lori Acoustic i bought at Sam Goody for $35 in 1978 money
action was a mile high and sounded just as bad as it looked. i never bothered to tune it b/c you couldn't.

once I got the fundys and basics down I bought a Yamaha L5A in 1979 which i still have today

Back in 93-94 my first "rig" was a Peavey Blazer 158 and MIM Squier Strat.
When in college I loaned the Peavey to a friend who was learning to play and never got it back
I still have the Squire, but it's in pieces waiting to be rebuilt at some point.

About 1-1/2 years later I upgraded to a Peavey Studio Chorus 210 and Ibanez Iceman.
I converted the amp into a head and eventually gave it to a drummer friend.
I still have the Iceman.

My first respectable rig was the Iceman and a Crate Blue Voodoo 300 I bought around 2003. I also got a Blue Voodoo 150 as a backup.
I still have both Blue Voodoos and still play them.
Thought the BV300 is due for a retube soon. That's gonna be an expensive one 6-6550's, 8-12AX7's and 2-12AU7's.

I had a white Lotus electric. Like an off-set king V…like Randy Rhodes style, and I played it on my dad’s solid state Yamaha amp that had horrible tone! I think I then upgraded to a digitech gnx-4 pedal that I ran into the Yamaha. Sounded like garbage, but it was a start. I actually probably started running a zoom 505 pedal into the Yamaha before the digitech. Good times!

Back in 93-94 my first "rig" was a Peavey Blazer 158 and MIM Squier Strat.
When in college I loaned the Peavey to a friend who was learning to play and never got it back
I still have the Squire, but it's in pieces waiting to be rebuilt at some point.

About 1-1/2 years later I upgraded to a Peavey Studio Chorus 210 and Ibanez Iceman.
I converted the amp into a head and eventually gave it to a drummer friend.
I still have the Iceman.

My first respectable rig was the Iceman and a Crate Blue Voodoo 300 I bought around 2003. I also got a Blue Voodoo 150 as a backup.
I still have both Blue Voodoos and still play them.
Thought the BV300 is due for a retube soon. That's gonna be an expensive one 6-6550's, 8-12AX7's and 2-12AU7's.
Those BV 300’s don’t mess around!

I had a Cort flying V and a little Fender combo, not sure the model. But to get distortion I would plug in some old over the ear headphones and crank the volume. I wouldn’t wear them, those were my speakers. Had that for about a year and then got an Ibanez RG440p Roadstar II and an Orion Distortion pedal. Had that guitar for about 20 years as my only guitar.

First guitar was an Ibanez rg470 with a little crate solid state GX15. The rest is history….

I actually found my first electric guitar (at least the model) on Reverb and have always been tempted to buy it again. It is was a 100 I would take a flyer on it haha

fellow peavey rager here... first rig circa 1994. My original washburn lyon is just a body, neck, bridge, and pickguard rn. I upgraded everything on it over the years, then eventually stripped it and retired it. I found the same exact guitar used at GC for $99 a few years back, and bought it for my son (who never touches it), in case he wants to ever learn. Still beats most of the starter guitars out there these days believe it or not. gear head right from the start too...notice that i literally taped the musicians friend catalog pages to my wall. :geek: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20160118_204124.jpg
    20160118_204124.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20160118_203455.jpg
    20160118_203455.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
Gorilla “amp” & red Kramer. The nut was broke, I cut out a piece of plastic from a .22 ammo holder, I was 12. Rocked that bitch. dreamed I was Ace

Peavey Predator plus international series
Fender Frontman amp

Aria Pro II "The Cat" I got in a guitar store in Germany. Walked right in and bought it off the wall. I forget what little combo I had but didn't have distortion. I didn't understand that stuff at all. Keeley said "dude, you need a pedal!". I was like wtf is a pedal???? Borrowed his BOSS Heavy Metal pedal and blew my mind.

Back