Reverb prdals

• Thread starter Thread starter dcburn mk.ii
  • Start date Start date
dcburn mk.ii
dcburn mk.ii
Currently using a Dr. Scientist Reverberator which I think is fantastic. The plate 2 (?) setting is great! I use this reverb with my JTM45.

I’m looking to buy another reverb pedal to use with my other amps. I have another board laying around and thought I’d toss a couple pedals on and run between my Princeton and 18 watt Metro.

Already have a PoT on the board as well as a Belle Epoch delay.

Was just looking at the Source Audio Collider with delay as well. The Strymon Flint seems pretty neat. Lots of people love Strymon products, but I have never had the opportunity to try one. I could always get another Reverberator but would like to try something different…

What are you guys using?

I use the Collider, best digital spring reverb I've tried. The Flint's spring setting sucks.

I use the Collider, best digital spring reverb I've tried. The Flint's spring setting sucks.
Thank you.
Flint being an expensive one, glad to hear.
The Collider seems pretty cool, delay would be great too. Lots of people dig it! TPS uses it a bit IIRC
I tend to have a love/hate relationship with the Belle Epoch.
Really just depends on which amp I put it in front of...

I thought the Collider was fantastic when I owned one. Such a well-thought-out pedal. You can run both sides as delays or reverbs and run one side in front of the amp and the other side in the loop. MIDI and presets too, if that matters to you. I could go back to a Collider and be perfectly happy for all my delay and reverb needs.

The Strymon stuff I've had was great. No complaints about the V1 Blue Sky. Never tried the Flint or the Big Sky.

Current reverb pedal is the Universal Audio Golden Reverberator. Leon Todd's demo sold me on it. Unless it craps out or I end up running a MIDI setup, I don't see how that hasn't ended my search. I guess the next step up would be a CXM 1978, but I don't want to spend that kind of coin. Right around $300 used (and preferably under) is my limit for a reverb or delay pedal.

If I'm really getting picky, I liked the reverbs on my cheaper Lexicon units (MPX-1 and the G2) better than the Collider or the Blue Sky, but the Reverberator sounded just as good as those Lexicon units.

1687868110227.png

can be had on GC from 275 to 300 ....... I have yet to try one ...... but all analog signal path with a real deal Spring unit inside .

Thank you.
Flint being an expensive one, glad to hear.
The Collider seems pretty cool, delay would be great too. Lots of people dig it! TPS uses it a bit IIRC
I tend to have a love/hate relationship with the Belle Epoch.
Really just depends on which amp I put it in front of...
So I love my Belle Epoch and find the Collider does NOT replace it, mostly because it has a tape delay but not an echoplex delay (it lacks the drive/color of one).

So I run my BE in front of my amp and the Collider in the loop.

I thought the Collider was fantastic when I owned one. Such a well-thought-out pedal. You can run both sides as delays or reverbs and run one side in front of the amp and the other side in the loop. MIDI and presets too, if that matters to you. I could go back to a Collider and be perfectly happy for all my delay and reverb needs.

The Strymon stuff I've had was great. No complaints about the V1 Blue Sky. Never tried the Flint or the Big Sky.

Current reverb pedal is the Universal Audio Golden Reverberator. Leon Todd's demo sold me on it. Unless it craps out or I end up running a MIDI setup, I don't see how that hasn't ended my search. I guess the next step up would be a CXM 1978, but I don't want to spend that kind of coin. Right around $300 used (and preferably under) is my limit for a reverb or delay pedal.

If I'm really getting picky, I liked the reverbs on my cheaper Lexicon units (MPX-1 and the G2) better than the Collider or the Blue Sky, but the Reverberator sounded just as good as those Lexicon units.
The Golden Reverberator was what I was looking at before I bought the Dr. scientist.
Maybe I need to revisit that one again?

Oceans 11. Covers all the bases - spring, hall, etc.

Otherwise it’s Fender 6G15 or amp’s reverb unit

Shouldnt have looked up the UA unit.
On sale and down to $319

Shouldnt have looked up the UA unit.
On sale and down to $319
Yeah, more than I wanted to spend too. Just looked at completed listings on Reverb. Used you should be able to snag one around $230 to $260.

Yeah, more than I wanted to spend too. Just looked at completed listings on Reverb. Used you should be able to snag one around $230 to $260.
You don't get nervous at all with these more "techy" types of pedals?
I feel like Id have zero chance of fixing if something went bad.

I think that is what holds me back on some of these types of pedals.

Price doesn't bug me as extra technology.

I think thread is dead.
Think I am just going to buy a second Dr. Scientist.
I know I like it and it couldn't be simpler to use.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Get a Flint then. (don't believe the guy that says it's no good)
The Flint does kinda intrigue me.
I'll listen to some more demos.

Edit: and there's a video of the Reverberator vs. Flint on Youtube.

Last edited:
The Flint does kinda intrigue me.
I'll listen to some more demos.

For the longest time it was considered the greatest ever.
Go back and search on TGP - it reigned supreme for years!

The optical trem on it is freaking killer too!

Once I figured out the pre-delay I’ve been pretty happy with my V1 Blue Sky; but having picked up a PCB6X and gone MIDI I get why the Big Sky might make sense.

Back