Riding the Pine

• Thread starter Thread starter SpiderWars
  • Start date Start date
Assembled, but nut needs to be cut and setup. I decided to forego the leveling/glossy finish. If I’m going to do that (or another burst) I’m buying equipment for it.

IMG-2419.jpg

IMG-2420.jpg

IMG-2422.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and after testing several bridges on another partscaster I decided to go with the Wilkinson WVS54 Year One Vibrato. The newest Wilkinson ‘vintage’ Strat vibrato offering. The bar is screwed in until it stopped free rotation as shown above. It sticks out more than a Fender. That gives it a little more verbose vibrato which I like like.

How is that pickup combination working out?
Excellent, and it balances as good as I could have expected. The Tele bridge pickup in the middle is so much better than a Strat middle pickup. And the in between positions sound great. I typ don't use those that much but these sound really good. With the coil tap the tones are good but the bridge pickup with coil tap is a noticeable drop in output. But it sounds good. The bridge/middle combo has two very good/useable sounds, one coil tapped one not.

I've just been playing it clean while watching football, occasionally comparing with some other guitars. It sound killer plugged in so far. But I haven't plugged it into the Marshall yet. That's the true test. So far I'm digging these Arcane's.

Back