RIP Jack Russel of Great White

• Thread starter Thread starter paulyc
  • Start date Start date
His band came to our podunk town in the early 90's. NOBODY I mean NOBODY toured through that shithole. That was a big deal back then. Kinda weird cause I was just watching a Station nightclub documentary two nights ago. RIP, I hope he is with the Lord.

bummer...
anybody remember the live concert on mtv back in the day? They sounded killer and he did a great rendition of the zeppelin covers. Good band that did not fit the glam or make up shit that was big then...imo...
R.I.P

Saw him live about 8 to 10 years back at a small club .....he was in rough shape then.....still sounded great though.

I recall they put out an album of zep covers back in the day....it was killer!

R.I.P

Saw him live about 8 to 10 years back at a small club .....he was in rough shape then.....still sounded great though.

I recall they put out an album of zep covers back in the day....it was killer!
I will have to check that out...thanks! sad to see a talented dude go through that. Me personally-I'll check out on my own terms ...y'know?

I keep thinking had I been near the show in Rhode Island ‘03, I would have died that night. Great band. 🫤

Good band that did not fit the glam or make up shit that was big then...imo...
Agreed. Like some of the Cinderella stuff not very far removed from straight blues except less glam with Great White. Women in the once bitten twice shy video look like actual women and aren't covered in ugly ass tattoos and gross looking piercings. No weird occult, satanic, or gay shit being flashed on the screen. No blood or gore or out there concepts, just good clean rocking music. That tune was in heavy rotation on our hometown rock station at the time.

Wow, that absolutely sucks. RIP brother! House of broken love takes me to a whole other world. The sultry guitar and haunting vocals in that song are awesome. Damn!!☹️

Wow that's a tough one! I am and always have been a humongous great white fan. More of a Mark Kendall fan but loved their music so much. Rip and like said above another one Gone Too Soon.

RIP

I dug his voice actually and the guitar tones
And yeah their Zeppelin stuff was stellar.
Never forget that fire at that unsafe bar with too much pyro? Carolinas or Virginia IIRC.
'Face the Day' or 'Rock M' were good tunes

Been a fan since the 80's. Went to a couple of shows in the late 80's and early 90's, but it wasn't until me and the wife went to M3 around 2016 and caught Jack doing an acoustic preshow at a local bar the night before the actual M3 show. That was one of those 'what the fuck' moments. We knew Jack could sing, but he was one of those guys that's just on another level. RIP and thank you for the great music and good times...

Back