RIP Jack Russel of Great White

• Thread starter Thread starter paulyc
  • Start date Start date
When he was young , he was an incredible singer !
Saw them a bunch of times.

This sucks. Though I am not surprised. I saw him about six years ago at a local bar. He had just come out of the hospital earlier that year because her pancreas had exploded. :shocked: He looked rough. Buth then he opened his mouth to sing and "that voice" exploded out. He was a hell of a singer. I jam Great White all the time in my truck. Just good driving music.

Rhode Island.
I live 2 minutes away from what is now the Memorial ..... there's some weird energy there man .... it's like the horror of what happened is still in the air .

Wasn't living here when the fire happened ...... but was living in Rhode Island ..... didn't know anybody that was in there or passed .....

It shook up anybody and everybody that was into music back then ........

I still have all the newspapers from that week ....... fucking sad

RIP. Hard rockin blues band.....unique for the time IMO.
Spot on analysis. Everything that rock music should be without anything that shouldn't. Once Bitten Twice Shy is about as close as you can get to being a blues band without actually being in the genre.

I live 2 minutes away from what is now the Memorial ..... there's some weird energy there man .... it's like the horror of what happened is still in the air .

Wasn't living here when the fire happened ...... but was living in Rhode Island ..... didn't know anybody that was in there or passed .....

It shook up anybody and everybody that was into music back then ........

I still have all the newspapers from that week ....... fucking sad
Crazy thing is, they were here in Wi a month before and I just missed out on seeing them at a local club. The stage there also had those sound dampening foam squares right behind the drum riser, and behind us near the front of the stage. Could have happened here as well. But, this club had multiple exits that people could have probably used to get out fast. They had VB courts on either side back by the bar, and patio doors.
Horrible tragedy no matter how you look at it.

Crazy thing is, they were here in Wi a month before and I just missed out on seeing them at a local club. The stage there also had those sound dampening foam squares right behind the drum riser, and behind us near the front of the stage. Could have happened here as well. But, this club had multiple exits that people could have probably used to get out fast. They had VB courts on either side back by the bar, and patio doors.
Horrible tragedy no matter how you look at it.
I was just getting started gigging clubs in Duluth/Superior in the late 90's. Somehow we wound up playing blues on weekday off nights in those metal/rock clubs. So many of those clubs (and studios) had that trash foam in them. That stuff was everywhere. You'll still see it from time to time even now.

After watching the doc and reading a bunch of comments by locals my conclusion was that Tracy King, who pulled 10 people out in 90 seconds before he himself died in the fire was the hero of the day. Absolute legend. Meanwhile the owner went back in to retrieve his cash box and hid it in a snowbank while people were burning up inside. That whole deal was like a convergence of poor decisions, shitty owners, and general greed and corruption all leading to one massively tragic event.

rip... I knew it was coming, he has been looking bad for a few years now

bummer...
anybody remember the live concert on mtv back in the day? They sounded killer and he did a great rendition of the zeppelin covers. Good band that did not fit the glam or make up shit that was big then...imo...
Absolutely, I had recorded on VHS!

RIP
They had some good songs.
If I had a Band, I'd play a couple..

I was gutted to hear this news the other day. It came so quickly after he revealed his illness and retired from touring. RIP.

RIP. On a positive note, the guitarist in his band is quite capable:

His band came to our podunk town in the early 90's. NOBODY I mean NOBODY toured through that shithole. That was a big deal back then. Kinda weird cause I was just watching a Station nightclub documentary two nights ago. RIP, I hope he is with the Lord.

I was supposed to be at that station show. It was my freshman year of college near by.
Thankfully my roommate got a sticky package from California that day and I smoked too much to want to go anywhere.

It was slightly before cellphone communication was super popular and my poor parents had to wait like half a day for me to respond to them because they assumed I was at the show

Back