RIP Jeff Labar

• Thread starter Thread starter Artjr
  • Start date Start date
Apparently his son plays guitar in the band Tantric. They just played nearby last weekend. His kid looks just like him back in the day.

I dont think he had been playing with Cinderella. Tom had whole other band members last I checked. Keiferband

Saw Long Cold Winter tour opening for Priest/Ram it Down tour. Was fabulous.

He had an Admitted Alcohol problem, not drugs. The Drinking became too much and apparently Jeff Passed out/Ended up with Alcohol Poisoning during one of the Cruises that Cinderella played on. The Band pretty much wanted nothing to do with him after that.
Sorry, you are right. I forgot it was alcohol that he struggled with.

I saw ACDC with Cinderella in 1998 and still the best show I've ever seen. Cinderella killed it. Sounded amazing and had an awesome stage presence.

Right on the heels of Jeff, Gary Corbett died of cancer overnight.

Innovator. RIP.
Nobody gets out of this world alive.
If you're 40 to 50's something and haven't made a living will, you should.

Last edited:
Tragic RIP
one of my favorite bands from that era, I saw them sandwiched between Extreme And David Lee Roth at "Great Woods". tremendous show
that night, made me a real fan.

It is sad that this man died at the age of 58. I remember the brother of the singer in Quiet Riot talking about poly-pharmacy after age 50, and how deadly it is. Seems like most men die in their 60's and 70's, so he had a good run. RIP

It is sad that this man died at the age of 58. I remember the brother of the singer in Quiet Riot talking about poly-pharmacy after age 50, and how deadly it is. Seems like most men die in their 60's and 70's, so he had a good run. RIP
I thought Kevin Dubrow died of a cocaine overdose?

I celebrated 20 years continous sobriety last week, weekends too.
Have fun with all that.
The drugs are getting stronger and were all getting older.
Not a good combination.
Yeah, I quit it all back in 2005. I did coke a handful of times, but there were occasions where I overdid it. I never purchased it, nor did I understand how people could get addicted to it. Drinking cold beer was my favorite vice. Beer and cigarettes. Jim Beam was my "hard stuff" drink of choice.

I very good friend of mine (Mark Carter) died of lung cancer some years back. His brother is Hank "Delaware Destroyer" Carter. Mark was an incredible guitarist! When he played with the band "Death", they were without a bass player... Mark drop-tuned his guitar to cover bass tones, and it became their signature sound. Mark smoked, but no more than the rest of us. I believe it was the second-hand smoke that go him. Over 20 years of playing in smoke-filled bar rooms.

I celebrated 20 years continous sobriety last week, weekends too.
Have fun with all that.
The drugs are getting stronger and were all getting older.
Not a good combination.

Congrats on changing your life around!
That is so awesome to hear.

I am starting a new career this Monday as a NYS substance abuse counselor at a methadone clinic.I have 13 years drug free and my life has been a million times better on my worst day, than any of the days when I used to get high.

😎👍👍

Congrats on changing your life around!
That is so awesome to hear.

I am starting a new career this Monday as a NYS substance abuse counselor at a methadone clinic.I have 13 years drug free and my life has been a million times better on my worst day, than any of the days when I used to get high.

😎👍👍
Good for you man, keep that going.
Peace.

Back