SD-1 boosted JMP100 and Axe-FX comparison clip.

:|::QBB:
Chubtone":d5da1 said:

Thanks for saying it Pat. I'm not trying to be a hater at all, but the recorded direct, distorted tones are just not there. I wish they were. I would easily pay 50% more than what this unit costs to find something I can record direct with that gets me those rock to heavy rock sounds. I checked out the website clips and the clips on the forum and well, I'm still waiting and hoping.

No disrespect meant to the creator of this unit and it's fans. We all hear things differently.

i don't want to seem like i'm taking cracks at this unit, because i honestly think the effects sound amazing, and that makes me think if cliff/axe-fx dude is capable of pulling those off, he must have a very good handle on what sounds good preamp tone-wise too.

and the guys that own this device rave about it's sound and feel, so i think there is something there, but at this point, i have heard much more realistic POD clips.

degenaro":0188d said:
MM, I think it can be done. But not the conventional way. Closest I've heard was the Waves Q-clone where I "pinged" my own set up...Flexi poweramp->V30->E609...
www.eddegenaro.com/audio/brush.mp3

interesting eddie d.....
so does waves let you clone each component in the chain, or is it a snapshot of the sum of the parts?

this was the original concept behind the first wave of modellers...roland, line 6...i forget where i saw this one ad,
but they had a signal on an o-scope of some famous players recorded tone, and then they placed the modeller waveform next to it...it wasn't even close, yet the copy for the ad bragged about how identical the signals looked

i suspect it's only a matter of time until the right player with the right combination of spices comes up with a few demo clips of the axe-fx that will sound more "authentic" and...here it comes.....wait for it.....

ORGANIC!

mentoneman":16d1f said:

interesting eddie d.....
so does waves let you clone each component in the chain, or is it a snapshot of the sum of the parts?

this was the original concept behind the first wave of modellers...roland, line 6...i forget where i saw this one ad,
but they had a signal on an o-scope of some famous players recorded tone, and then they placed the modeller waveform next to it...it wasn't even close, yet the copy for the ad bragged about how identical the signals looked

ORGANIC!

Kind of an interesting way to market it...I suppose...but I don't think matching O'Scope signals would mean jack anyway - there's not a whole lot of useful information in that kind of a signal from an O'Scope screen.

EightmanVT":25584 said:

Kind of an interesting way to market it...I suppose...but I don't think matching O'Scope signals would mean jack anyway - there's not a whole lot of useful information in that kind of a signal from an O'Scope screen.

exactly.
but what was funny was that the signals didn't look a thing alike anyway!

Back