She's Black, She's Beautiful, She's MINE!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
SteveVHT
SteveVHT
First off, a big thank you to Steve for building me this Black Beauty...
It is absolutely stunning looking and sounding. And of course, thanks to Marcus for the Always, smooth transaction and shipping....
I've only been able to use it with my Super 30 combo since I'm at home and not at my studio.
What I can say is that I am not a big fan of 6L6 power sections, but this made me smile when I plugged it in.
What I did was....
Ran the preamp out(fx send) to the input of the Black Beauty, then ran the out to the P75E speaker in the Super 30.
And compared to what the Super 30 sounds like by itself, this power amp crushes. And I'm not talking about volume....though it does that too...But the preamp section of the Super 30 sounds like I'm slamming it with an OD pedal.. The gain is super saturated, thick and liquid. The notes simply pop out and sustain like crazy.
I can not wait to hook this amp up with the GP3 and plug it into a pair of cabinets.
Steve....You did the 6L6's right....
I'm very happy and very impressed....and pround and honored to be the only US owner of one of these....
Clips will follow this week when I get it all set up....
BB6.jpg

BB5.jpg

BB4.jpg

BB3.jpg

BB2.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :) I've seen those in a few japanese shops. Gotta be little beasts :D

Pssssssssttttttttttttttt.................

I gots a 20U cab filled with those old things :o

:D

:|::QBB:
4nkam":fbb27 said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :) I've seen those in a few japanese shops. Gotta be little beasts :D

Yep...They are exclusively built for overseas only...Based out of a France dealership....
Steve was kind enough to build me one...:D

Very nice Steve.. very nice!

Now iam assuming the "base" overall circut is pretty much the same. the "standard" 2502 is an EL34 based and this one is 6L6. Or are there big differenes between the 2? Other than the colour.

Again.. very nice.

Duke of Metal":4080b said:
Very nice Steve.. very nice!

Now iam assuming the "base" overall circut is pretty much the same. the "standard" 2502 is an EL34 based and this one is 6L6. Or are there big differenes between the 2? Other than the colour.

Again.. very nice.

Same amp structure with the same options..
This is model # G 2562-S
He just ran 6L6's the way they were supposed to perform.
It's also the main reason that he removed the 6L6 switch from the UL's etc... They were not designed to run both types of tubes to the best of their ability.
The amp still has all the regular stuff as the 2/50/2 does. It just has a fuller 6L6 sound....
Steve

SteveVHT":eaa69 said:
First off, a big thank you to Steve for building me this Black Beauty...
It is absolutely stunning looking and sounding. And of course, thanks to Marcus for the Always, smooth transaction and shipping....
I've only been able to use it with my Super 30 combo since I'm at home and not at my studio.
What I can say is that I am not a big fan of 6L6 power sections, but this made me smile when I plugged it in.
What I did was....
Ran the preamp out(fx send) to the input of the Black Beauty, then ran the out to the P75E speaker in the Super 30.
And compared to what the Super 30 sounds like by itself, this power amp crushes. And I'm not talking about volume....though it does that too...But the preamp section of the Super 30 sounds like I'm slamming it with an OD pedal.. The gain is super saturated, thick and liquid. The notes simply pop out and sustain like crazy.
I can not wait to hook this amp up with the GP3 and plug it into a pair of cabinets.
Steve....You did the 6L6's right....
I'm very happy and very impressed....and pround and honored to be the only US owner of one of these....
Clips will follow this week when I get it all set up....
BB6.jpg

BB5.jpg

BB4.jpg

BB3.jpg

BB2.jpg

:rawk:

*cough* Slave the JVM *cough*

If this sounds better or offers something the regular doesn't, why isn't it a US released model?

What was the new power amp they had at NAMM this year? I saw it, but didn't get up close... I thought it was 6L6 or something different. I think it was Red, or to tell you the truth, I don't remember.

StevieRaveOn":89686 said:
What was the new power amp they had at NAMM this year? I saw it, but didn't get up close... I thought it was 6L6 or something different. I think it was Red, or to tell you the truth, I don't remember.

This was the rack.....The Black Beauty is the 6L6 amp...
NAMM+Rack.JPG

SteveVHT":6b013 said:

NAMM+Rack.JPG
NICE! The the Black Beauty and the Red 2502 are just awsome.

say.. kinda OT question. But do they still make the 100watts version of the P50E speaker? I wounder what 4 of those in a 412 cabinet would sound like :D

SteveVHT":9ec4c said:

NAMM+Rack.JPG

THAT'S what Scott and Ralph were pointing at... they must have not said the Red one, they must have said BELOW the Red one. :) My bad, thanks for the info Steve.

Back