Soldano Mini WOW!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Lightning
  • Start date Start date
L
Lightning
I purchased the Soldano mini amp all I can say is WOW this little machine is a beast compared to the Soldano SLO 100 this little bastard feels very fast under your fingers compared to the Soldano SLO 100( great amp) which feels alittle slower,anyway great little amp to practice with and to gig with comparing the Soldano Mini to the Soldano SLO 100 the mini is definitely tighter and very responsive and very loud this little bastard technology is amazing.

I purchased the Soldano mini amp all I can say is WOW this little machine is a beast compared to the Soldano SLO 100 this little bastard feels very fast under your fingers compared to the Soldano SLO 100( great amp) which feels alittle slower,anyway great little amp to practice with and to gig with comparing the Soldano Mini to the Soldano SLO 100 the mini is definitely tighter and very responsive and very loud this little bastard technology is amazing.
You like SS amps and that is based

There are many solid state amps that sound better than tube amps (I can name hundreds) and their are many Tube amps that sound better than solid state amps. Then there are those offshoots where both are great and it then becomes up to preference.

With the Mini your playing will be easier because it's able to push more through far less wattage and we've gotten to times where solid state amps and modeling with FR speakers isn't sacrificing any airflow or the lively bass that was previously unobtainable through solid state...

Do you have videos of your comparison? I'm asking simply because I have videos of my comparisons.

Fucker.

I like tube amps but mini sounds real good no I don’t have video comparison just go to YouTube

Last edited:
Yea I have a Soldano SLO Mini Head too and the first cab I hooked it up to is the Marshall 1965A 4x10 closed back cab with the original Celestion speakers and it sounded great! 👍

I'm anxious to try it through other cabs & different speakers and try it at rehearsal to see if it will keep up with the band.

Im actually going to use this little bastard for a gig tonight a local guitar player had hand surgery and I was asked to fill in-help out

I’ve got the mini Ecstasy, got it real cheap and I think it sounds just fine. Wanted to try the SLO.

I love a lot of SS amps, my current favorite amp is a Marshall Lead 12 combo from the 80's. Whatever gets the job done and inspires you to riff out
I have a Marshall Lead 12 head that I run through a vertical 2x12. Absolutely RIPS. An amp so good that I sold it, regretted it, and bought it again. Crazy good stuff.

I have a Marshall Lead 12 head that I run through a vertical 2x12. Absolutely RIPS. An amp so good that I sold it, regretted it, and bought it again. Crazy good stuff.
This is the original speaker in this 5005 combo. It has a good classic tone, a good bark when cranked up. I almost want a speaker with a little more bass handling and smoothness.
IMG_5526.jpeg

This is the original speaker in this 5005 combo. It has a good classic tone, a good bark when cranked up. I almost want a speaker with a little more bass handling and smoothness. View attachment 338949
I am going to try this through a bunch of Avatar speakers and will let you know which I think pairs best. In a single speaker situation, I would choose something different than a 2x12. That being said - the amp does sound very, very good with the AV60 speakers. Will try it with the Fane M65 and the AV75s next. I have a feeling the AV75 is going to be the ticket. We shall see!

I am going to try this through a bunch of Avatar speakers and will let you know which I think pairs best. In a single speaker situation, I would choose something different than a 2x12. That being said - the amp does sound very, very good with the AV60 speakers. Will try it with the Fane M65 and the AV75s next. I have a feeling the AV75 is going to be the ticket. We shall see!
I am on the lookout for a head, here is the combo form
IMG_5527.jpeg

Back