Steel Panther Satchel's gear!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
They just bring a smile to my face...and sounded pretty much exactly like this when I saw them live...

I'll date myself here but does anyone remember when Russ (Satchel) was in the band "Fight" with Rob Halford back in the mid 90's? I believe he was only on the first cd and tour but I remember seeing them in Minneapolis and they kicked serious ass. If I remember correctly Russ was playing a Heartfield Talon and their backline was all Ampeg as I believe they were endorsed. I'm just thinkong out loud here but was curious if anyone rembered/saw the band with him.

I remember Satchel from Fight. That first Fight album was awesome. Into the Pitt and Nailed to the Gun were awesome high tempo songs and his solos were a perfect fit. Heck that whole album is cool. I remember thinking that the second album wasn't as good and then i saw in the liner notes that he was no longer listed as being in the band. Then i understod his real impact.... I think Rob was tryign to tap into a bit of that grunge feel on the second album.

reverymike":3vy7mxu9 said:
I really doubt he's using an overdrive with the 5150 III.
Agreed, especially since he is using channel 3 in the video.

Yeah, Russ is a beast. I especially liked the riff he went into after the first series of hammer ons / pull offs, at 04:14 :thumbsup:

Russ is one of those players who doesnt care what he's playing through and sounds good through anything. Last time I saw him here in Houston, he was using a Dual reverb. In Vegas I saw him with a DSL100. With the Dual Reverb he was using a Boss Mega Distortion pedal. That was it.

Dave

I remember Russ from Fight. Killer album. When I saw them in Houston a few years ago, he played through a DSL100. The guy sounds killer through whatever he plays through.

Back