Tell Me About These Bridge Humbuckers

• Thread starter Thread starter Charvel1975
  • Start date Start date
Do you still have that Ibanez artist? Killer guitars…

No. It was my dream guitar when I was a kid. I found one on eBay that had a Floyd Rose installed back in the 80's. That was even better than a stock model to me! I got it and was blown away because the sustain was amazing, and I do mean amazingly long. I loved everything about that guitar. I used to have a Kramer that sustained like crazy before I got the Artist. Turns out the reason for that is the guitar has to have the Floyd Rose posts that screw directly into the wood, not the posts that go into threaded inserts like most Floyds these days. The wood LOCKS around those posts over time. The height hadn't been adjusted for a long time. I don't know if wood expansion cause that, but I think that's it. I should have left it alone because the action was great for me, but like an idiot I tried to mess with the height. I tried turning the screwdriver and the posts didn't want to move. I did it again using more force and I heard a cracking noise from each post when I adjusted them. The amazing sustain went away after I did that. From then on it had what I would to be a normal amount of sustain. Yes, I'm an idiot. LOL I've seen a total of 4 guitars in my life that did that. If I find another one and if I can afford it, I'll leave well enough alone. LOL

My step father had one and it was a Les Paul killer. They are so under the radar. But if you know you know…and people know because the prices are crazy when you see them.

My step father had one and it was a Les Paul killer. They are so under the radar. But if you know you know…and people know because the prices are crazy when you see them.

Yeah, they destroy Les Pauls.

Back