The Hamer thread

• Thread starter Thread starter * velcro-fly *
  • Start date Start date
Keld":1gig505l said:
Steve - you've been holding out! Those are beauties!

Aw man, not mine - but I have a serious jones for the sea foam one...my Vector is up above in the artsy tree hugger shot :lol: :LOL: we need to get together so I can test out your Elmwood :yes:

* velcro-fly *":o4ak6zj5 said:
Keld":o4ak6zj5 said:
Steve - you've been holding out! Those are beauties!

Aw man, not mine - but I have a serious jones for the sea foam one...my Vector is up above in the artsy tree hugger shot :lol: :LOL: we need to get together so I can test out your Elmwood :yes:

Ah - missed that - the sea foam is a looker for sure!

Absolutely on the Elmwood. Let me know when you've got some spare time. I've been running it as a 3/4 stack - :rawk: Bring your vector and we'll have a grand 'ol time! Korina is sweet.

Had this dream machine built in 87 by Paul Hamer and crew. Not a Blitz and not a Scarab. They let me have everything I wanted on it! Reverse les Paul electronics/ebony board/extended neck from the body/lower toggle/(one-time) screaming white finish/floyd etc.. Just got around to having him sign it last night (+2 others)! This guitar has been a true joy for many years and still cuts heads regularly! After many hundreds of guitars I've had, this is still my true LOVE. It was an priviledge to talk and see him again. Paul Hamer and Hamer players are my kind of peoples![attachment=0]Hamer.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]Paul signing.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments

• Paul signing.JPG
    Paul signing.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,387
  • Hamer.JPG
    Hamer.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,388
Death by Uberschall":3k3g664u said:
My God, another Hamer tribute thread!!! :rock:

If you guy and gals wanna see them again, just ask me!! :lol: :LOL:

Guitar%20pics%20013.jpg

Guitar%20pics%20014.jpg

Guitar%20pics%20021.jpg
I had an amber Cali like that back in the early 90s... same color, ebony board, bound, boomerang inlays. I regret selling it..

I saw this thread and had to jump in to get in the mix.
1993 Hamer USA Special with Mojotone P-90 Hot Quiet Coil pickups.
93special01.jpg
attachment.jpg

From left to right:
1998 Hamer USA Artist Custom
1995 Hamer USA Archtop Custom
1990 Hamer USA Chapparal Elite
1994 Hamer USA Diablo II
1981 Hamer USA Cruisebass

Guitar George

My all time dream basses.

Attachments

• HamerStandard13 (1).gif
    HamerStandard13 (1).gif
    141.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 145-1458401_hamer-standard-bass-bass-guitar-hd-png-download (1).jpg
    145-1458401_hamer-standard-bass-bass-guitar-hd-png-download (1).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 39
Old thread I know but USA Hamers are my favorite guitars. Still have my '89 USA Californian

In the past I had a granite USA Centaura and a USA Diablo Limited which were also epic

Also owned a Korean Standard which was fantastic, and a Chinese XT Sunburst Flat Top that was also surprisingly good, especially considering how cheap it was

Shit, just took a gander on Reverb and USA Hamer is pretty expensive. Now this is asking for prices. Whether they sell or not, IDK.

Shit, just took a gander on Reverb and USA Hamer is pretty expensive. Now this is asking for prices. Whether they sell or not, IDK.

Yeah, the days of getting insane Hamer USA deals are pretty much gone sadly :(

I bought my USA Californian for $420; these days even a beat to shit/broken one is like $1000 minimum

A pretty mint USA Diablo sat here for a while; 1k. Finally sold. Great guitars

Yeah Centauras and Diablos do tend to sell for less than most of the others for some reason. I've also owned one of each and can confirm they are awesome

Back