The stroke I had a few months back is slowing me down

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
Interesting because the reformed church is addressing the departures by the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. There was an interesting article in the newspaper the other day about the Catholic Church desecrating Archbishop George Pell's body before it was shipped back to Australia. He apparently tried to root out corruption in terms of the Catholic Church's finances. I can't think of a more evil Church. It's seemingly like something from the Godfather 3 in real life. Also in its response to the behaviour of its Priests and their conduct. Makes you sick.

Not to mention services of the Catholic church used to be in Latin just to baffle everyone with bullshit. Never mind that no-one had a clue what they were talking about or couldn't hear the gospel.
There is.no departure in orthodoxy but I'm all ears i just cant give long winded responses right now as a huge part of tx has no internet thanks to the hurricane so im using a phone.. We are anti innovation, meaning, change from the original doctrine and liturgy is not accepted at all. I'm sure you could find some heretical orthodox sect with bad theology, like the Syrians aka mar .Mari Emmanuel. They arent in communion with the Greek and Russian churches.

As for catholicism, the vatican ii stuff is poison. Prior to that the differences between orthodoxy and Roman catholicism were much fewer. I have no beef with liturgy using Latin, Greek, or Russian etc. My church has a small amount of Russian in the liturgy. I have take.n the time learn a little Greek and Russian. What's wrong with learning? I don't see it as a big deal.

@JackBootedThug @VonBonfire This is a real eye opener. Great talk from a Protestant Pastor who has discovered Orthodoxy.

Glad you're feeling better. A friend of mine had a stroke about 5 years ago and still can't talk worth a damn.

getting older isn't fun; I don't recommend it.

so far I've missed most of the hereditary medical issues but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one or more of them hit me.

I do have plans to get a sailboat to enjoy in retirement, but I am concerned that after I spend the money I won't have long to enjoy it. I've seen several boats for sale due to failing health of the owner.

Like you said, any plans for the future may change due to reality

getting older isn't fun; I don't recommend it.

so far I've missed most of the hereditary medical issues but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one or more of them hit me.

I do have plans to get a sailboat to enjoy in retirement, but I am concerned that after I spend the money I won't have long to enjoy it. I've seen several boats for sale due to failing health of the owner.

Like you said, any plans for the future may change due to reality

Both of my grandfathers died of Alzheimer's disease. My Dad is in his late 80's now, but he shows no sign of having it, thank God.

Back