Thicker strings force you to play/write less complicated music!

• Thread starter Thread starter redrol
  • Start date Start date

Using thicker strings causes you to play/write less complicated music.

• Yes

Votes: 45 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never thought about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
redrol":7f3e3 said:
Im suprised the amount of people that said no. I guess its all about not being a big pussy eh. :whip:

pretty much. :D

soc_monki":3172c said:

man, i picked up a Jazz III the other day, and although it feels nice, its just WAY too slippery when my fingers sweat. the purple Tortex jazz is slippery at first, but grips better when my finger is slightly wet with sweat. so im sticking with them LOL cant say i didnt try though...im always up for experimenting but those plastic picks just dont do it for me :)

That's the issue I had at first. They slipped like a motherfucker and it was annoying as hell. However, eventually I got used to them...somehow. Don't ask how, but I'm able to hold them without them slipping too much.

Code001":a20ef said:

That's the issue I had at first. They slipped like a motherfucker and it was annoying as hell. However, eventually I got used to them...somehow. Don't ask how, but I'm able to hold them without them slipping too much.

i tape the ends of mine up with athletic tape and that pretty much takes care of the "slip factor". it seems kinda wierd and i get asked alot of questions at shows n stuff but you do what you gotta do and it's workin' pretty good for me.
my other guitarist doesn't tape 'em and he says he's used to it but there have been shows where he's had a hard time holding on...prolly cuz he fukken sweats a swimming pool everytime we play. :D

I tried stuff like that, but I found it took away from the picking dynamics. I still wipe down my fingers and pick, but it's gotten a lot better as time has progressed. Besides, if I were at a show, I'd just use a new pick from the mic stand.

I got some of the red and black Jazz IIIs the other day, and they're good picks, but they hurt my fingers because they are so small that I have to bend my thumb downward and hold on really tight. I find that strange, since I have small hands, so you'd think they'd match up better, but maybe it actually makes it even worse for me? Maybe I just pick too hard? :?

Hard to say. I hold a guitar pick very light, especially when sweeping, so any pick will slip out if I'm not careful.

I can't play with 9's. It feels like there's nothing there. 10's fit me and i keep coming back to me. 11's are a little too thick and don't give me any improvment in tone that i can notice.

Code001":e4e08 said:

LOL well ive always had a problem with plastic picks slipping, i figured since Petrucci and Alexi used the Jazz III's, i thought i could make it work...but no deal. the tortex work fine for me though, so im gonna stick with what works for now :)

Back