Thinking about buying a Hellrazor KT66 120 watt or KT88?

• Thread starter Thread starter MrWoodchuck
  • Start date Start date
MrWoodchuck
MrWoodchuck
I am thinking about ordering a new Hellrazor and wondering if anyone has experience with the KT88 version? I cannot find any clips of it. I have played a KT66120 watt version and it was great. I like high head room amps so I figured I may like the KT88 150 watt version.

I am thinking about ordering a new Hellrazor and wondering if anyone has experience with the KT88 version? I cannot find any clips of it. I have played a KT66120 watt version and it was great. I like high head room amps so I figured I may like the KT88 150 watt version.
150 watts > less than 150 watts

I have a KT150 Hell Razor and it’s one of my top 4 favorite high gain amps. Haven’t tried a KT66 version, but the KT88 one should at least win in headroom. If it can also take 6550’s then probably not much need for the KT66 version

Hell ya ! It’s a great amp . I mix it with my Hermanson 5GS JCM 800 for my main tone

For those curious on the build went:
  • Gator Vader tolex
  • US White Knobs
  • Large White and black Wizard label
  • Blue LEDs
  • KT88

Late to the thread here but damn I think we're gonna need some pics of that amp when you get it.

Here it is on the promo shot from Wizard.

FB_IMG_1728398442299.jpg

Dude that is one handsome amp. It looks great.

Personally I have never gone for black-piping-on-black-cover-material but I would totally rock that thing. The alligator and white knobs are killer, man.

Last edited:
These amps are unreal . I might like my Hermanson Marshall a lil more but I use them together .
Only clip I have . But ya these 2 amps are on a new level of high gain and tightness

Back