This Tyler has just about the sickest top I've ever seen.

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
Not to mention they always pick the dumbest, shittiest sounding pickups and electrolytics.

I swear to god, the main reason I'm kind of skeptical of tonewood is because paul reed smith is such a proponent of it, but his guitars sound like shit. They look great, sure, and sometimes play great, but out of all the pickups they've made the only good ones are the 5708s imo

Which is INSANE. If someone is that obsessed with tone, you would think he would notice the complete trash pickups in half of his guitars
I want to say tonewood doesnt matter on electricz, but i had a beautiful kiesel that just sounded dead..
1000000044.jpg

Also, I had no idea you had a Solar and a Kiesel lmfao!

I knew about the jackson V
The solar was an amazing guitar. I got in on the very first run of them, when Ola was quality checking all of them. I was very new to electric then and was worried that an evertune may limit my ability to grow as a guitarist due to the fact that the bend relationship would be slightly different even in zone 2, so I wanted to go another direction.

I ordered the kiesel online at 5 am. Then i called them when they opened 5 hours later and told them I wanted no neck pickup route and wanted the volume to be in line with the bridge (no tone) so I don't hit the fucking thing on accident with my pinky. They said since i had ordered online, I could not change it. If i cancelled the order, I lost my deposit. It was frustrating as fuck. It put a bitter taste in my mouth from the beginning. But it was 1500 total and I sold it for no loss.

The solar was an amazing guitar. I got in on the very first run of them, when Ola was quality checking all of them. I was very new to electric then and was worried that an evertune may limit my ability to grow as a guitarist due to the fact that the bend relationship would be slightly different even in zone 2, so I wanted to go another direction.

I ordered the kiesel online at 5 am. Then i called them when they opened 5 hours later and told them I wanted no neck pickup route and wanted the volume to be in line with the bridge (no tone) so I don't hit the fucking thing on accident with my pinky. They said since i had ordered online, I could not change it. If i cancelled the order, I lost my deposit. It was frustrating as fuck. It put a bitter taste in my mouth from the beginning. But it was 1500 total and I sold it for no loss.

Yeah that's not surprising with Kiesel. They make nice stuff but they have a reputation for being dicks.

Yeah that's not surprising with Kiesel. They make nice stuff but they have a reputation for being dicks.
I whored through every guitar I could find for awhile, then came accross a little jackson christian andreu indonesian or korean made guitar. I fucking loved it so much, but hated the lizard on it. That's what made me order a custom rhoads. Fuck I love my Jackson, man. I have played some nice guitars since...Mostly @RedB4Black 's. Dude has such a stable. But in the end, my little V just hits the spot.

Samesies with the Kiesels. Most recent was a Type X headless multiscale a few years ago that I ordered the slim neck profile and it was the thickest neck of any of my guitars. It was also acoustically dead with no sustain, feedback or life. I've since seen it for sale on reverb numerous times. I still have one of my Carvins since 2000 and another that's from 85 for quite some time, as well. I really want to like Kiesel, but both of the last two I have had sat and collected dust. Despite looking and mostly feeling great, just uninspiring.

Samesies with the Kiesels. Most recent was a Type X headless multiscale a few years ago that I ordered the slim neck profile and it was the thickest neck of any of my guitars. It was also acoustically dead with no sustain, feedback or life. I've since seen it for sale on reverb numerous times. I still have one of my Carvins since 2000 and another that's from 85 for quite some time, as well. I really want to like Kiesel, but both of the last two I have had sat and collected dust. Despite looking and mostly feeling great, just uninspiring.
I don't know what the fuck. I don't believe in tonewood, but something about kiesel has no soul

I've played some old ones that were good guitars - mostly single cuts and SCBs

But I hate headless everything and superstrat everything, so their ouvre isn't for me

I don't know what the fuck. I don't believe in tonewood, but something about kiesel has no soul
Outside of acoustic instruments, I think that it does have an effect due to the density and overall mass of one wood to the next that in turn slightly changes the string vibration wavelengths and affect the pole pieces/magnetic field to give a tighter attack or more sustain. If that make sense. I dunno. Fuck. It's 4am, goodnight y'all.

I've played some old ones that were good guitars - mostly single cuts and SCBs

But I hate headless everything and superstrat everything, so their ouvre isn't for me
I was mostly against headless guitars until I owned them :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't gig with one, but to chill, walk around with, or sit down and jam at home... totes. Light and can play in the hallways.

I personally hate the suhr headstock more. A lot more, especially since tgp morons gush over it. The James Tyler headstocks are basically a closed fist giving a thumbs up. I bet he was like ima make the ugliest headstock on a killer guitar and see if people still buy it. Mission accomplished. Strats mostly suck anyways industrial toilet seats. The Tele is the canoe paddle.

I'm not the one who posted it saying it was the sickest guitar ever :ROFLMAO:

That's like posting a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker and saying "the most beautiful woman on earth" and then getting big mad because people are asking what years she won the Kentucky Derby.

View attachment 323382

I'm sure they play great, but jesus christ almighty, If i owned it, i actually might take a sawzall to that headstock
LOL Dan you are a riot bro I always wondered if I was the only one who did not find her at all attractive. I don't get why someone would cast her where they did but I suppose she was probably a casting couch selection some sick exec made.

I was mostly against headless guitars until I owned them :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't gig with one, but to chill, walk around with, or sit down and jam at home... totes. Light and can play in the hallways.

As long as no one has to look at it 😜

LOL Dan you are a riot bro I always wondered if I was the only one who did not find her at all attractive. I don't get why someone would cast her where they did but I suppose she was probably a casting couch selection some sick exec made.

I would hazard a guess she got her job because of long nose tribe in-group preference in Hollywood

I personally hate the suhr headstock more. A lot more, especially since tgp morons gush over it. The James Tyler headstocks are basically a closed fist giving a thumbs up. I bet he was like ima make the ugliest headstock on a killer guitar and see if people still buy it. Mission accomplished. Strats mostly suck anyways industrial toilet seats. The Tele is the canoe paddle.

I don't like the tele headstock either but the suhr doesn't bother me - paying 4k for a guitar that I'm going to have to rip out the pickups and put in lollars or fralins drives me absolutely insane

I always put strat necks on my teles, that's why they're all partscasters

Not to mention they always pick the dumbest, shittiest sounding pickups and electrolytics.

I swear to god, the main reason I'm kind of skeptical of tonewood is because paul reed smith is such a proponent of it, but his guitars sound like shit. They look great, sure, and sometimes play great, but out of all the pickups they've made the only good ones are the 5708s imo

Which is INSANE. If someone is that obsessed with tone, you would think he would notice the complete trash pickups in half of his guitars
I’ve yet to try a good sounding PRS. Even the ‘80’s and private stock ones I’ve played didn’t impress me, but if he really cared a lot about tone he wouldn’t be using poly finish and some of his other typical specs, but these popular brands like also Suhr, TA, etc imo shouldn’t discourage from the few makers that actually get it right and have consistently great sounding guitars. Of course I still care more about amps and speakers, but when I try a really great sounding guitar like some of the Marchione’s or good vintage ones it’s very inspiring and have seen other players react similarly on those examples

I walk around my house playing with my wireless setup. I have a weird diagonal walk that i do to keep from impaling children or loose women
I use wireless sometimes as well. What do you use? I have an xvive and a boss setup, neither I'm particularly happy with, tbh.

Back