Thump and Mitch, can we have a theory sub-forum??

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
LordOVchaoS":0504a said:
I can get a mod over here that has forgotten more about theory than all of us put together will ever know. He's not a member of this forum as of now but we're friends from a local Missouri forum. He could teach us a lot. Let me know if you guys are game.

Well dude, there's room for everyone, and that would be awesome. Maybe he and Ed both teaching/moderating? Could be sick.

BTW Scott, I PMed Mitch and Thump a little while before you made the thread...but the reaction this is getting is just too good. 8)

wvukilroy":2c60f said:
Well dude, there's room for everyone, and that would be awesome. Maybe he and Ed both teaching/moderating? Could be sick.

BTW Scott, I PMed Mitch and Thump a little while before you made the thread...but the reaction this is getting is just too good. 8)

Email has been sent to my buddy. Trust me, there isn't a single person on this site that can't learn from this guy.

I'll keep you guys updated.

LordOVchaoS":e0f19 said:
I can get a mod over here that has forgotten more about theory than all of us put together will ever know. He's not a member of this forum as of now but we're friends from a local Missouri forum. He could teach us a lot. Let me know if you guys are game.

The more the merrier.

Let's get Thump in here.

i could always use some more knowledge...especially about theory. i do all kinds of things on my axe but i have no idea what it's called or why you do it. i would LOVE to get some "free theory lessons" from guys like degenero or, well...anybody in here. :D

+893289274983249782343289 on a theory forum. I love studying theory, and a forum would just broaden my knowledge, and many others.

Zach

I bet Thump's out celebrating. I wonder what Bob thinks.

SgtThump":e3a77 said:
Sorry guys, I was sleeping. You don't want to use the Guitar forum for this? Sounds ok to me if Ed and everyone else wants to contribute (and he said he does earlier in this thread).

Mitch and I will come up with a description and get it up later today.

Sweet. This will be great to learn some theory. :)

This sounds like a great idea...hopefully someone as illiterate as me can learn a thing or two here :buch:

Brilliant idea!! Would be very cool to be able to learn stuff from some of the monster players here!!

SgtThump":21860 said:
Sorry guys, I was sleeping. You don't want to use the Guitar forum for this? Sounds ok to me if Ed and everyone else wants to contribute (and he said he does earlier in this thread).

Mitch and I will come up with a description and get it up later today.

Thanks Chris!

Hey, your going to jam over some progressions with us too right??? :)

Lets just ensure that everyone's view of theory is respected, the basic principles are concrete but I am sure that there are different views on more intense topics :)

LordOVchaoS":69cd9 said:
My guy just registered. His username is PLANETguy.

Sweet! This should really pick up with ed and PLANETguy and stratboy if he jumps in!

This idea is awesome and I read the thread the Ed started. Maybe this is asking too much as for as setting this up for the forum, but could we have different links for different levels. That way there will not be a lot of back tracking with theory for the mods. They can post something and move forward and the more entry level players have a place to start as well.

Second it would be really cool to start jam rooms set up at the same levels. This way you will be doing jam tracks with players at your same level. I think that would get more encouragement and more participation.

I think this idea is awesome these forums teach us all how to spend money very well. It would be awesome if we all ended up being able to play better as well.

Back