Tube Testers ....... what are you guys using ????

• Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
I use an EMC 211 to check for shorts and tube life. I'll use one of my amps for matching power tubes.

View attachment 261456

It's a little long, but this video was extremely helpful to me for picking the right one for my needs.

ahhh BlueGlow ..... I like this guy's vids .... super helpful when I took the dive into building an amp .

I shall watch this later on tonight ....

how much was the EMC 211 ??

ahhh BlueGlow ..... I like this guy's vids .... super helpful when I took the dive into building an amp .

I shall watch this later on tonight ....

how much was the EMC 211 ??

I paid around $100 in tested/confirmed working condition with original box and manual for mine. I believe it falls under the consumer grade emissions tester category in the video.

I use an EMC 211 to check for shorts and tube life. I'll use one of my amps for matching power tubes.

View attachment 261456

It's a little long, but this video was extremely helpful to me for picking the right one for my needs.

This is exactly what I do for matching tubes. Test with the tester to make sure they are good; no shorts/leaks...then pop them into the same amp and whatever they measure at, I write that number in marker on the tube base. After an afternoon of this I had all my 34s measured and now I can just grab any quad/pair I need and match them out of my tube box.

I own a Maxi Preamp II and a Maxi Matcher. They're not cheap but they're a necessity when you have a lot NOS tubes. Even new tubes can drift out of spec fairly quickly.

I have 2 B&K 707 testers from the ‘50’s and a new MaxiPreamp II tester.
The Maxi is the best unit I’ve seen, highly recommended👍

Andy Marshall let me use his tube testers a few years ago. I went through all my power tubes testimg on two machines. It took about 4 hours at his shop.
I could use one of my own.

Back