Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 1750 with a glazed donut and a bottle of anything

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Corey James
Corey James
It looks to me like gear has slowed and is still slowing down.

I have an opportunity to purchase a Twin Sister locally this week. I currently have a Dirty Shirley that is one of the original runs without a switch on the face. Amp is pretty mint, I don't need it, but I love playing it.

Any gut checks on what my DS 40 is worth? I've noticed that 20 watt little sisters and DS 40's tend to sit for a minute before selling. If I pick up the TS, it would obviously be silly to keep the DS.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
This was so popular I forgot I posted it! Apparently I need a better joke than an obscure DLR reference?

You’re in a hard place as most folks will want either the structure switch or the Twin Sister now. Does Reverb have a sale history on it?

It's really rough selling anything right now, unfortunately

Everything I've been able to move, I had to undercut the price to 60% of the average reverb price/value

Yep, totally agree. I actually have a good lead for a twin sister at a great price, but I don’t know that I care because this amp is awesome as it sits and it always makes me smile when I plug in. I also don’t think I can sell it because nothings moving, partially thanks to the corpse in the White House.

Unless you really need channel switching I’d say rock out on the DS40. Just use the volume knob on the guitar and an EQ in the loop for when you want a different EQ. Friedman can add a structure switch probably for cheap, if the shipping isn’t crazy, if that’s a feature you’re jonesin’ for.

No, I’m not Jonesing for it. I’ve got the deluxe models with too many fucking switches that I don’t use so it’s all good.
It’s more along the lines of having a chance to buy something for a really, really really good price and having the maturity to say I don’t need it

Back