VHT Deliverance 60 (clip)

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
B
Bob Savage
I had a free hour this morning so I slapped something down over a Bonham track I had used previously with the MKIV. I'm reluctant to put up the MKIV track as a comparison because I've picked up the guitar about 4 times in the last 3 months so the playing will almost certainly sound cleaner and more inspired than on this track, however, I'll put it up anyway.

Please try to ignore the rhythm parts where I'm rushing it and listen only to the tone. :D

Rushing it - VHT D60/D412

Mesa MKIV over same track

Sounds great as always! I liked both solos, but I liked the first one better. :2thumbs:

The D60 sounds clearer in the mids and more solid in the lows...

I like the Deliverance clip better too. The MKIV sounded like it had more presence or was just brighter instead.

Both sounded good & VERY close, but I like the rhythm tone of the MKIV better, It seemed more defined. The D60 was more dense in mids.

Can't go wrong with either amp. This is good tone for sure.

The way you have each dialed in I liked the fuller DL60 lead tone but I am blaming the cabs :D The DL60 just sounded larger in the lead department.

Bob...received the cd but still have to listen. Thank you very much for doing that, cool little reminder of a great time :)

Sounds good - you're style is quite different than most players - good stuff...

That said, VHT by far is my fav between the two :)

After listening to the VHT it sounded like the mkIV was missing something. My votes in for the dl60!

I think that track would sound great if you double tracked it with both amps, juding by the sound of the two clips it sounds like they compliment each other very nicely, at least on the rhythms. The VHT sounded great for the lead, great playing too.

The rhythm tone are very close but I like the Mk IV a tad more. For the lead tone, I prefered the Deliverance, which I didn't expect.

Cool clip all around Bob!

Hey guys, thanks for all the input! Based only on this thread, and while I do think the MKIV would probably sound good with the D60 (so will my JMP and Shiva :D), the MKIV is going to go. I have 4 amps and 3 cabs now and if I keep the MKIV I want yet another cab. That's too much stuff for me. I think what I'll do is sell the MKIV and put a small pedal board together to use with the D60 (wah, a couple boosts, valvulator). I'm still undecided.

In any event, I'm really digging the sound of the Deliverance. I must admit, on Saturday I had about five minutes to play it and I wasn't sure what I thought. I think a big part of that is my memory of the Deliverance was a 120 into Steve Fryette's SMOKING wet/dry rig. He doesn't have a huge rack, but what he has is killer (2290's...). But, I knew I needed to hear it in a mix before deciding, so here we are, I'm really liking it.

By the way, nobody has mentioned the rhythm timing in a certain section. Is it not as severe as I think it is? I almost didn't post this because I haven't been playing and I was a little embarrassed about the part I'm referring to, but if it's not that bad, I'm going to post it on a couple other forums. What think ye?

Bob, you bought a new Deliverance? I must of missed the thread! I know you've been GASing for one for a while now. I'll check out the clips when I get home (I'm at school now).

Also Bob, if your selling your MKIV, drop me a PM.

Liked the D60 rhythm tone marginally better but, the Mark IV lead tone more... it just sings to me more.

I liked the D60 better for both lead and rhythms. Not that the MKIV is bad by any stretch. The D60 seems to have a little more "bark" to it which I like.

Back