Vintage Video Gaming

• Thread starter Thread starter Crunchity
  • Start date Start date
In my area, a vintage arcade opened up recently. $10 to get in and you have unlimited play on everything. I can’t begin to tell you the time I spent playing pinball.
Wow man, how good is that? :cheers2:

I'd be in there all day. :LOL:

Wow man, how good is that? :cheers2:

I'd be in there all day. :LOL:
It was the best man, they serve pizza and beer, tons of pinball machines lining the walls in the back, arcade games everywhere, air hockey. My son and daughter went with me and we had a blast. My son finally stopped playing the arcade games and came back to watch me play pinball, then he started playing the machine beside me. It was cool to bond with my son like that.

Awesome sauce, man. :rock:

I'd be beyond-stoked to be able to experience an '80s arcade hall again. I've had zero interest in or attraction towards those places since they lost their vibe in the '90s, beginning with the phase where practically every machine was based on either combat / violence or gambling.

I'm a shoot-'em-up space guy at-heart, and I can't see that changing any time soon. :cheers2:

That’s so cool man! In my area, a vintage arcade opened up recently. $10 to get in and you have unlimited play on everything. I can’t begin to tell you the time I spent playing pinball.
That's sounds cool. I found one nearby as well, looked like an add-on to a pizza joint! I think they had about 40 vintage arcade machines, all in great working order and set to "free play", you just had to pay to enter the room.

I would love a pinball machine for my media room! I wonder if they require a lot of maintenance?

You guys have it so good!

I'm not aware of anything like this in my home town of Melbourne.

Found a perfect hobby to fill in my non guitar playing down time. I recently was at a local PC hardware store looking to upgrade my sound card and saw a stack of these arcade controllers for Windows/PC (it's USB plug and play) and decided to grab one...well now I can't get enough lol. It's heavy duty (feels like the same hardware used on old, real arcade units) easy to setup and definitely adds to the old school vibe for caveman era games (if you're older like me).

Anyone else here still living it the dark ages and playing ancient video games?

Joust.jpg

Burger-Time.jpg
I use emulators on my pc, but this brings it all back, I'm sure!!

Yeah, havin' a proper hardware-controller interface would be the shiz man.

I'd be sooo down for something like that. I keep saying to myself, "One day...".

Back