Vito Bratta's white Esp Strat specs?

• Thread starter Thread starter veji
  • Start date Start date
I read the pride was a real fender with ash body, but the ESP was Alder

Last edited:
First, allow me to ‘pre-apologize’ to the OP for having no idea what woods Vito’s ESP Strat was made of.

That being said, GOD I loved watching this clip! I absolutely loved Pride - incredible tone, chops and what a sense of melody. Big Game was released the year I was at GIT. I was just floored. The fills on Radar Love and Lets Get Crazy are some of the cleanest, tastiest playing ever recorded. Little Fighter is just a master class in chops and taste. One day my buddies and I were at the GC on Sunset. One of my buddies nudges me and points and Vito Bratta was standing there with a guitar across his knee noodling around with a small practice amp. Just incredible. We ‘cautiously’ approached and chatted very briefly - didn’t want to intrude. He was very gracious. I met Vito, Zakk Wylde and Neal Schon at the Sunset GC over the course of that year and they were all just as friendly and appreciative as you could ever hope. That’s a year I wish would have never ended...

Pride was a real ash bodied Fender with a Floyd Rose ( probably with the old screw type posts as opposed to the later type inserts ) with a Duncan JB wired to a 250K pot. No idea what the ESP bodies are.

Reactions: PDC
I knew that. I would think he'd have long ago sought treatment for that. How much can he be making now off WL royalties?
According to his interview with Eddie Trunk, he can play nylon strings but metal strings irritate the injury. Considering none of us have access to his medical records, the only thing we can go by is his word. Could he be using it as an excuse? Absolutely. I don't see why. He could always say he has no interest in the business any longer and leave it at that. However, I don't live in his head, so he could be lying for any number of reasons I have no idea about.

A friend of mine used to open for WL a lot back in the day, has pictures of him playing Vitos Steinberger while Vito is playing his Kramer Baretta.

I get the impression that he isn't making shit off White Lion anymore. They all made a lot of money on the Pride tour cycle, and if they didn't keep that tucked away they are pretty much screwed.

Man JB to 250k pot comes up again and again..I'm assuming this means he didn't have the tone pot wired in? I personally like JB's with alnico II wired to 500K pot. Sound great to my ears...I keep my tone knob installed even though I have never used it.. (for some reason )

Back