"Well, it's finally time.... Selling my beloved amp". Really?!

• Thread starter Thread starter War_in_D
  • Start date Start date
Here is another one. I just came across this on a FB ad for a PRS McCarty.

"It’s definitely got the types of wear you see from a guitar that’s been played out. Minor worming on the back. Small chips in the finish at the edges of the guitar. Honestly it’s the type of wear some pay extra for and call a light relic.
Tuners are vintage locking. Wraparound appears to be PRS adjustable rather than what comes stock. I was told the pickups are Seth Lovers but haven’t flipped them over to verify yet.
I’m contacting PRS with the serial to find out the neck carve"

Can't even explain the details, he has to check on it :lol: but please send me $1,700 anyway.

To be honest, I don't care about the stories....If I see what I want and the price is right....then I'm interested. I deal with nice people, stupid people, annoying people, whatever people. I do my research, I know a lot about things from years of buying selling experience. The best ones are the folks who sell me something that they think they're getting over on me....it's happened many times. Usually a quick fix and I do great. People just don't know enough sometimes.

"It’s definitely got the types of wear you see from a guitar that’s been played out. Minor worming on the back. Small chips in the finish at the edges of the guitar. Honestly it’s the type of wear some pay extra for and call a light relic.
Tuners are vintage locking. Wraparound appears to be PRS adjustable rather than what comes stock. I was told the pickups are Seth Lovers but haven’t flipped them over to verify yet.

Can't even explain the details, he has to check on it :LOL: but please send me $1,700 anyway.
Love these..

MINT! NOT A SCRATCH ON IT!
https://reverb.com/item/70759364-ch...o-mod-so-cal-style-1-2020-present-white-relic

Can't even explain the details, he has to check on it :LOL: but please send me $1,700 anyway.
Similar to the guys who say shit like “This is no case queen! She’s a PLAYER’S guitar and it shows, just like it should. Take her for a spin and you’ll see why. She begs to be played!”

Any of that might be true (albeit retarded sounding) if we were talking about a real vintage, classic instrument, but it will be a Mexican Strat or Les Paul Studio from the 2000’s.

Similar to the guys who say shit like “This is no case queen! She’s a PLAYER’S guitar and it shows, just like it should. Take her for a spin and you’ll see why. She begs to be played!”

Any of that might be true (albeit retarded sounding) if we were talking about a real vintage, classic instrument, but it will be a Mexican Strat or Les Paul Studio from the 2000’s.
I won't buy from people that call their gear "she", and "her" repeatedly in a listing. It's dumb and annoying as fuck.

I won't buy from people that call their gear "she", and "her" repeatedly in a listing. It's dumb and annoying as fuck.
Yeah it’s a weird thing to do, makes you a borderline creep. A friend of mine does this with guns he really likes and I try my best to bully him out of it.

Yeah it’s a weird thing to do, makes you a borderline creep. A friend of mine does this with guns he really likes and I try my best to bully him out of it.
It does sound kinda rednecky, makes sense..

I’m selling a Gibson, because I feel guilty after buying a suhr

Guy asked me why I’m selling it

I flat out told him the Gibson doesn’t stay in tune, and the new guitar does

maybe I’m doing it wrong 🤷‍♂️

This is more of a Ebay thing but: This road worn, banged up Marshall belonged to < insert some shitty C list 80’s band like Keel > $15, 000. NO low ballers! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a celebrity owned amp! All the pots are scratchy but nothing a $2.99 bottle of detoxit won’t fix.

Last edited:
“It’s too much amp for me” is the mildest possible way of saying, “I have a little dick”
I've used the "overkill" excuse many times. I can't deal with bells and whistles and switches and multiple channels. Guilty as charged.

This is more of a Ebay thing but: This road worn, banged up Marshall belonged to < insert some shitty C list 80’s band like Keel > $15, 000. NO low ballers! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a celebrity owned amp! All the pots are scratchy but nothing a $2.99 bottle of detoxit won’t fix.
I don't know what tubes are in it and I only play cleans so I don't know much about the OD channel. I think it stands for over-dosed.

Back