What are the "in" reverb pedals these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt300ZXT
  • Start date Start date
Matt300ZXT
Matt300ZXT
The only verb pedal I've ever had was a full size Hall Of Fame. I've always used reverb tanks in my amps. My current tube amps don't have built in verb so I've just been using delay for a lil ambience to thicken up the sound so it isn't dry and dull. I'm looking at the local Guitar Center used department and used verb pedals are going for major bank these days. Why are these verb pedals these days so pricey? Are they really that full of features or something? I think all I need is a simple pedal with a few different types of reverb and a couple knobs to tweak the settings.

The only verb pedal I've ever had was a full size Hall Of Fame. I've always used reverb tanks in my amps. My current tube amps don't have built in verb so I've just been using delay for a lil ambience to thicken up the sound so it isn't dry and dull. I'm looking at the local Guitar Center used department and used verb pedals are going for major bank these days. Why are these verb pedals these days so pricey? Are they really that full of features or something? I think all I need is a simple pedal with a few different types of reverb and a couple knobs to tweak the settings.
cause 95 % of them are digital .....

UA golden reverberator is exceptional
Came to say this. I could live without it as my re202 has reverb but for a stand-alone reverb it’s pretty tough to beat the UA. Guess it just depends on how much you care. Plenty of good options on the cheap

I'm torn between just filling my rack up with single effect processors from the 80s, or buying equally priced pedals and having a shelf in the rack or a pedal board housing all the stompboxes.

Since I got that ms3 off Alund I’m running reverb on everything now. I’m sure it’s based off the boss reverb pedal. It does have a bunch of different types built into it as well as being able to adjust the parameters…

a used H9 is hard to beat if you want that eventide sound on the floor. they're pretty cheap now that the H90 is out.

I like the Holy Grail alotm I had one around 2004 and just git the Neo recently. Amazing pedal.

My favorite was the Hardwire RV-7. Great pedal, but people sure are proud of them these days.

Rack like power and control in a stomp.

16142626_800.jpg

I like the Chase Bliss/Meris CXM1978. Not really a gig pedal pretty killer tone.

I had a Neunaber Immerse which was pretty good.
I'm now running a Dr. Scientist Reverberator that I really like and will probably end up with a second one.

Source Audio Ventris - if you want alot. And I mean alot of options. It sounds amazing then again I'm a huge fan of Source Audio. Rack quality in a pedal format. This pedal is on my big board. You can dial in pretty much anything from just the pedal interface but if you want to take the deep dive with the app, pretty much endless possibilities.

If I was putting a midi rack together I'd just put this and the Nemesis on a shelf and be done with it, save myself an additional two rack spaces right off the bat.

Other great sounding reverbs with no presets - MXR300 and the Neunaber Immerse MkII which I own as well.

12812557_800.jpg

Last edited:

Back