What are the "in" reverb pedals these days?

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt300ZXT
  • Start date Start date
That source Audio unit looks cool. I also like Strymon effects of all types. I'm really happy with the delay and power supply I have from them.

Man! Now you gave me gas. I use a Hall of Fame and a Strymon Flint and those are great, but always have wanted the higher end if possible. Will check it out.

It can save 9 presets and offers modulation speed/depth options with every verb program.
Stellar sounding too. A bit of a pain remembering the controls sometimes but worth the hassle.

Free the tone reverb is great. H9 has great reverbs and the hardwire is great, although, I heard the price is quickly rising on those. Not long ago you could grab them for less than $100. The CXM78 is also great, but it’s pretty large and fairly expensive, but it sounds pretty epic and can be used for quite a few different things.

That source Audio unit looks cool. I also like Strymon effects of all types. I'm really happy with the delay and power supply I have from them.
Strymon quality for sure. In fact I have a Timeline and a Nemesis (have two) and if you want pristine digital delay which I like, the Nemesis is a step above the Strymon in that regard. Haven't compared the Ventris vs. the Big Sky so no comment there.

8 User Presets which you can step through. Or you could buy the single step through switch from Source Audio. Or you could get a double preset/back and forwards switch from Analog Endeavors. I use that with my other Nemesis on a tiny non midi board.

Obviously it's midi and how I run my big board with my amp and my other Nemesis.

Cool thing is you can stack verbs, so you can have a verb into a verb. For example their E-Dome (which is this massive verb) into a Shimmer or vs. versa. Also, the Factory Verbs that are shown on the pedal isn't all they offer. With the Neuro App you can download alot of other reverb algorithms like Oil Can, among many others. Further you can download other user presets as well. Some of the stuff other users come up with is really cool. In fact on the Nemesis, my dotted 8th notes delay, I just downloaded from another user. And a Timmons like delay that sent my Keeley packing. Not that it wasn't a really cool pedal itself. The Neuro App is really easy to get into.

Honestly it's overload for me but I'm glad I have the ability of the unit.

Last edited:
The UA golden is the in reverb as was mentioned, before that it was probably the source audio ventricle or Strymon flint. And before that the big sky.

For a good reverb that is easy to get, the boss rv6 does a great job.

anyone mention this yet ??
1686264059998.png

Im still a big fan of the Digitech Polara. Flint is really good and so is the Walrus SLO.

UA Golden Reverb is as good as it gets for straight forward Reverb. I'm also a huge fan of the Eventide Space.

Reactions: PDC
Not to derail, but which one of these can get me a big ambient and spacey verb? Something like Shimmer 1, Church or Magnetic here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/xspace/ HoF couldn't do it for me. Looking at the expensive options now.

*Edit* Just watched a video on the UA pedal and - whoa baby, that thing sounds good. BRB buying a new pedal :LOL:

Last edited:
Free the Tone Ambi Space. Easy to use, 4 presets or midi. Sounds great to my ears.
IMG_0669.jpeg

I’ve got the UA Golden Reverberator and Starlight Echo on my big board. I am seriously thinking about freeing up some real estate with a UA Del-Verb

Attachments

• IMG_1244.png
    IMG_1244.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32

Back