What gear are you planning to buy in 2024?

• Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
Caparison is launching a Custom Workshop. So I’m placing an order for a custom built Horus. That will probably take about 12 months though, so it may be 2025 when it’s ready.

Looking at the Boss SD3000, but I already have an Eventide H90 and several other delay pedals so not sure yet.

I bought a ton of shit over the holiday. Been keeping an eye out for a Diezel Hagen or maybe a good price on a Big Max.

Other than that, I guess we’ll see what comes out of NAMM that sparks GAS.

EZ drummer and superior drummer for demos.

Going to try to focus 2024 on actually using what I have to make music. Then reasses what I needed but didn’t have while doing so later in the year.

Don’t plan on any major purchases this year but I’m sure something will end up being bought and sold.

Currently working on my 2203 clone. And I‘m planning to build a multi „hanging-stand“ for my guitars as space is getting tight.
In my case, DIY projects kill GAS more effectively than just buying new stuff

I'd like to get a new preamp to add to the Quad and the GP3 at home. Was thinking about an Engl E570, but it may be unnecessary since I already have a Savage and a Fireball. Time will tell.

I'd also like to get one of those Zoom recorders that can handle high pressure levels to record my tonal experiments. Maybe when my birthday comes around.

I'd also like to buy one more guitar this year, but really have no idea about the options available at the moment. Don't really have the space in my house anymore. Maybe if I sell one of my guitars I can think about it.

EZ drummer and superior drummer for demos.

Going to try to focus 2024 on actually using what I have to make music. Then reasses what I needed but didn’t have while doing so later in the year.

Don’t plan on any major purchases this year but I’m sure something will end up being bought and sold.
If you’re planning on getting both just get superior. You can load all ezx in superior, and all their presets.

If you’re planning on getting both just get superior. You can load all ezx in superior, and all their presets.

Superior is fantastic.. almost to the point of overload at times but tons of nice drums and room sounds. It's worth it. Currently only playing with it to augment my real kit on the kick but it's great.

I need an amp switcher and a couple more guits hopefully nothing else after today

Superior is fantastic.. almost to the point of overload at times but tons of nice drums and room sounds. It's worth it. Currently only playing with it to augment my real kit on the kick but it's great.
It’s definitely pretty insane how much goes into it. But it’s worth it for sure. FWIW the presets that are in the SDX expansions are much better than what they put in the ezx kits. They usually base all the ezxs on a few presets from the sdx then a couple others toontrack will do. Once you learn how to mix yourself, stuff is pretty indiscernible from the real thing. Especially when you edit the velocities properly and all that.

Forgot to add a KSR Gemini to my wish list. And a KHE amp switcher….
The amp wishlist right now is a Naylor or a Bogner GF SL, a Headfirst Alta 100, a Hellion and a good sounding Dual Rectifier. The guitar wishlist is an ES335, 345 or 355 and an Explorer (either white from the early 90s or a black Custom). I don’t think Santa got my letter this Christmas, so hopefully he’ll come through next time around…..
Forgot to add a KSR Gemini and a KHE amp switcher…. The wishlist goes on.

I hope to record my metal songs with nasty real drums
Oh yeah I hear you. All my actual releases have real drums… But for those that don’t have time dealing with other people and want to get music cranking it is a GREAT alternative. Plus I always trigger the kicks and wind up using something within superior. For sample replacement on a kit that may sound like shit or triggering kicks it works great.

Honestly, I have no intention to buy anything this year. But realistically, I will be buying lot's of stuff before I know it. The good news is I also have stuff to sell right now, just waiting for the right moment.

I need to rebuy the amps I sold this year. An Atla and my Mark IV.

I'm currently building several amps and they are on various states of completion. I just got the heybooer transformers for my slo clone. I ordered at like 5 or 6 pm and received them straight from heybooer the next day at 10:30 a.m. I've never had anything ship that fast.

Oh yeah I hear you. All my actual releases have real drums… But for those that don’t have time dealing with other people and want to get music cranking it is a GREAT alternative. Plus I always trigger the kicks and wind up using something within superior. For sample replacement on a kit that may sound like shit or triggering kicks it works great.
It can’t stay this way forever . It’s got to go to change someone will do it . And I’m not critiquing you or anyone who uses it

Back