What kind of psycho trades an Omega into GC

• Thread starter Thread starter TotallyRadGuitars
  • Start date Start date
TotallyRadGuitars
TotallyRadGuitars
Used Omega Ampworks Obsidian Tube Guitar Amp Head - Guitar Center

I mean, the price is ridiculous, more than a brand new one (yes I'm aware there's a wait list and all that)
But it's hard to believe someone traded in an amp like this for probably less than $2k. Just crazy. Picture in case it sells:

Capture.PNG

Wish it were about $1k cheaper, I'd snap it up in a second. Then again, so would everyone else I think.

I tried one at Namm 2020 right before everything went sideway. Dug it but more voiced for modern metal

They might’ve needed quick cash. Things aren’t selling like they were. Seen a couple come up at 2600ish now.

60% the going rate if that’s what they are still doing really dosent sound that bad to me if I don’t have to deal with all the bullshit that goes along with selling online

Sometimes I think about walking stuff into a 3rd party seller just before stuff moves it seems. The USA warrior I have listed now I keep getting offers for under 2k. That shit gets pretty old.
I swear i get offered mark vs and Rectos for all my shit lol

45 years in and i never heard of it
To many buttons switches and knobs for me.
Amp would make me crazy with tweaking settings
I cant handle a tweed because of the 4 inputs

I always think these are rich bored kids trading something in Daddy got them for their birthday ....

That reminds me of how I afforded my first Les Paul Standard.

I was working at a shitty restaurant to help with my college tuition, and one of the other cooks tells me about his neighbor selling a guitar. It turns out that the 20 year old kid got it 2 years earlier, from his estranged father for his 18th birthday, and immediately put it under the bed, "after playing 2-3 chords on it".
So, he brings in this beautiful Les Paul with hang tags, with not even a scratch on the case. I gave him $350 cash and thanked him. So, as he is leaving, he tells me ".....this is good for me too.......my dad should know that I am a strat guy". :ROFLMAO:
I realized that he was just an idiot that was pissed at his father, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Back