What piece of gear will you never part with?

• Thread starter Thread starter itsgoodnow
  • Start date Start date
Wait, I got confused. Is it a Marshall or ground up George build?
It’s a ground up Mark Abrahamian build. Mark had begun work on his own line of amps with his own recipe of components / values with parts from Metro and head cabs (I believe) from Sourmash. I’m not sure how many were completed before Marks untimely passing. I know the later iterations had the ‘Rockstah’ logo screened on the transformers, which mine does not. After I acquired it, I had George go over it for a clean bill of health and he also identified it as one of Mark’s earlier builds.

It takes a little getting used to if you play more modern, high gain amps with lots of tight low-end and lots of gain. This thing is pretty open and ‘organic’ by comparison. Reacts noticeably not just to rolling the volume control on the guitar back, but your physical ‘attack’ as well: dig in with your pick and left hand and the amp ‘feels’ lit it has a lot of gain. Lighten up your touch and the amp feels like it cleans up. It reminds me quite a bit of the clips you hear online of Bray amps - tons of dynamics from playing attack and guitar volume without ever touching a knob on the amp.

Yup - it’s the No logo head in my sig pic. It’s a Metro 1959 Superlead chassis, believed to be Mark’s #2 ‘ground up’ build, as opposed to his mods in a factory Marshall amp. It’s well documented and has his sig inside the chassis. Kind of a one-trick-pony, but it does that trick really, really well.
That amp is worth some serious, serious coin for the EVH crowd. It doesn’t need impedance loads to get the goods. He was talented in chasing what he did.

Reactions: PDC
It’s a ground up Mark Abrahamian build. Mark had begun work on his own line of amps with his own recipe of components / values with parts from Metro and head cabs (I believe) from Sourmash. I’m not sure how many were completed before Marks untimely passing. I know the later iterations had the ‘Rockstah’ logo screened on the transformers, which mine does not. After I acquired it, I had George go over it for a clean bill of health and he also identified it as one of Mark’s earlier builds.

It takes a little getting used to if you play more modern, high gain amps with lots of tight low-end and lots of gain. This thing is pretty open and ‘organic’ by comparison. Reacts noticeably not just to rolling the volume control on the guitar back, but your physical ‘attack’ as well: dig in with your pick and left hand and the amp ‘feels’ lit it has a lot of gain. Lighten up your touch and the amp feels like it cleans up. It reminds me quite a bit of the clips you hear online of Bray amps - tons of dynamics from playing attack and guitar volume without ever touching a knob on the amp.
Wow, thank you for clarifying!

My first real guitar.

WP_20190815_001.jpg

Reactions: PDC
These two amps run together is not something I think I will ever be interested in parting with...Hard to describe how staggeringly good it sounds and the versatility seems endless. I love amps, so others may come and go....But just floored for this combination.
20230221_144803.jpg

That may be more knobs than on every amp I have combined.
Haaaa...Yeah, probably too many for most. The Koch in particular took a while to figure out, but I like versatility. And there's not too many sounds I can't get with these two. That said, sometimes simple is better and I have played some single and dual channel amps that have blown me away as well.

1) Rev E dual rectifier, chrome chassis. Been my favorite I’ve owned out of all the recto variations, no contest.
2) wizard modern classic 6l6… I’ve even thought about listing this one a few times, and every time I plug into it before I commit to listing it, I instantly regret even having the thought.
3) Jackson warrior USA. Waited forever to have one of these and it’s just so damn metal.
4) LTD - H400. Korean made from the early 2000s before ESP got cheap and moved most everything to Indonesia for the Ltd line. My first “real guitar”.
5) early 90s recto oversized. The thing just sounds so damn good for everything I do.

My Wayne California Woody, my CCV and Atomica. I have a Luxtone on order that I hope makes the list as well.

My Wayne California Woody, my CCV and Atomica. I have a Luxtone on order that I hope makes the list as well.
CCV is one amp I wish I had the opportunity to try.

Last edited:
all about that ONI life

i say i won't sell but i do sometimes so idk

but currently less is been on the chopping block, and ONIs are special to me

In addition to my guitar gear mentioned previously, I won't part with my organs: three Hammonds, one Leslie; my Viscount Cantorum Trio and my digital Vox "super" Continental.

And my Behringer ARP and Moog knockoffs.

Here's my '62 Hammond A-102 and matching Leslie 142 in fruitwood (cherry). It was purchased new by a Doctor near Chicago in 1963; I'm the second owner; I acquired it from a local Chicago Hammond dealer a few years ago after the doctor's passing, it was completely serviced and works like new:

Hammond-A102.jpg

Bogner Ecstasy 3534
Klon KTR
Ibanez TS808HW
Suhr Strats
Friedman DS 1x12 cab
Fujigen Strats
Bareknuckle Pickups
Wolfetone Pickups

Guitar:

View attachment 101481

Built by a friend that’s since had kids/gotten married etc and quit building. Irreplaceable.

Amp:

View attachment 101484

Such a disgusting deal from one of the best guys on here that I could never replace it for what I paid. I’ll leave it alone for a few weeks and think about trading or selling and then stack it against one of my or a friend’s amps and it always comes out on top for what I do.

Everything else could be sold and picked back up at a later date but these two would be really hard to let go of and not be able to find them again.
i wanted Mr. Short to Build me a Single Hum Version of that. In a different color of course.

i wanted Mr. Short to Build me a Single Hum Version of that. In a different color of course.

Kind of wanted one too; I love one pup guitars and that’s what most of mine are. Also wanted him to do me a LPC in this same color.

By the time I thought about it he was done. It’s too bad too, that thing kills every other LP I’ve ever put it up against.

I’ll get a wild hair every once in a while and go play a Gibson, and it’s nowhere near as good.

Back