What's your favorite modded / hot rodded Marshall?

• Thread starter Thread starter RealAmpsAreDead
  • Start date Start date
My Brent Gutierrez version of an infamous Langner he had his hands on. He added a metro zero loss loop and a depth knob. 50 watt 800. Currently under amateur cosmetic surgery. Pics soon.
Awesome. Clips too if possible!!

Much thanks :cheers:

Before I moved, I invested thousands in recording gear to setup and characterize things properly so I don’t have anymore videos like the above. I’m still no professional at recording but I hope to offer repair/refreshing/customization sometime mid next year.
Killer man! I'd love to play one of your amps

Only if someone else wants what I can offer. Enmity is a ground up build from scratch. It’s not a copy of anything that’s existed prior. All of the added gain but without clipping diodes and without the loss of body/growl of a Marshall. Guarantee no one else has figured this out.

The amp in this clip is footswitchable 4/3 stage, footswitchable dual master volumes, dual bias, shared pre-gain or independent, resonance, and pre-master true footswitch bypass metro effects loop. Once again no clipping diodes - that’s all tube and not even cranked yet.

I plan to design a footswitchable 5/4 stage design next. I also plan on offering a new rack poweramp that’s stereo 150W all tube 12x 6550.

There’s a short unofficial waitlist. A few are just waiting on the green light.

Sounds great! I like how it retains the Marshall crunch factor! Nice Job on the R&D! The footswitchable 3/4 gainstages and dual master volumes are really usable features!

Was this all 4 gain stages in the video.... I'd love to hear the footswitch from 3 to 4.

Last edited:
Sounds great! I like how it retains the Marshall crunch factor! Nice Job on the R&D! The footswitchable 3/4 gainstages and dual master volumes are really usable features!

Was this all 4 gain stages in the video.... I'd love to hear the footswitch from 3 to 4.
Love the comments and thank you 🙏🏻

A culmination of 3 years of R&D.

This was 4 stages in the video with a damage control timeline in the loop mixed what I remember to be roughly 30% parallel (the loop is series, the DCT is mixed parallel internally).

No video of the 3 stage but it sounds close to stock. Think JEL.

Love the comments and thank you 🙏🏻

A culmination of 3 years of R&D.

This was 4 stages in the video with a damage control timeline in the loop mixed what I remember to be roughly 30% parallel (the loop is series, the DCT is mixed parallel internally).

No video of the 3 stage but it sounds close to stock. Think JEL.
That amount of gain is difficult to limit the compression and fine tune the first few stages so you don't end up with a bloated mess of gain.

If that's four gain stages on 7 as you state in the video I am impressed even more how that amp retains the crunchy growl with that amount of gain as opposed to extreme amounts of compression and smoothness like what I hear in alot of Bogner Ecstasy clips.....don't get me wrong it's a distinct cool tone if you like it.

I remember you said you were reworking your 74 a couple of years ago... it sounds really good!:2thumbsup::yes:

I’ve played a ton over the years, my current favorites are Monomyth, Ground Zero, Friedman, and Gosh

Back